cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when to import in CONS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for mss customization in web dynpro, we created a track & imported all the needed .sca in the dev system.

Do I have to import these .sca into consolidation at this time?

or

can I import the .sca along with the modifications of the code after the customization.

please advice

thnks

priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

After you have imported all SC's in your DEV system, in CONS those will eb appearing as waiting for import. Modify your applications and relase the request, the request will sit in consolidation, after all modifications are done you can import your SC's along with your request from Consolidation.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your responses.

Another question - does the CONS runtime system have to be defined in DEV or can I define it in QA?

Please advice

Thanks

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not completely understand your question.

You have to define your runtime systems in the track. There you can define a DEV, CONS, TEST and PROD runtime system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Sorry I did not put it in the right way.

Now we have DEV, QA and PRD systems in our landscape. No seperate boxor system for CONS.

So in the track for defining CONS, where to do it?

Normally is there a separate system box for cons? or can we use the same dev system box for CONS

That was my doubt. Hope you got that

Thanks..and please advice

-Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not obligated to define a runtime system for dev, cons, test ánd prod. If you only have a dev, qa and production system, you just define those runtime systems in the track and leave the cons runtime empty. It depends on your specific situation.

You can define the DEV system as CONS runtime system in the track but it has no real added value. It will redeploy things again on the DEV box when you import in CONS.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chistophe for your response.

So you are saying that I can define DEV QA and PRD and leave the CONS empty.

In that case, will the CMS allow you to assemble & deploy the the activities in QA without importing into CONS?

-Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

When developers release their activities in the NWDS, they will appear as an import in the CONS tab (in the CMS webgui). Then you will do the import in CONS (thru CMS), followed by the assembly, import in test, etc. The fact that you do not have specified a CONS runtime system will not change this procedure.

Because you do not have a CONS runtime system, the import in CONS will not deploy your applications to a server. But when you import in TEST (after assembly), everything will be deployed on the QA server because you have specified a TEST runtime system.

I hope this makes it clear a bit.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe clearing my doubts.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo Priya,

Both options are possible. After you imported all required SC's in DEV the files are waiting for import in CONS (CONS tab in the CMS). Now you can import them already in CONS or wait until you move your modifications.

I would suggest to do the import of the required standard SC's already so this is done. I would even transport all the SC's thru the complete track so you can test this process and test the standard MSS web dynpro's on the different systems.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

You can do all the modifications in the dev itself and once the customization is done then you can import the files in consolidation..ie.,at the time when you want to move the files to the quality server u can move to the consolidation, assemble and then move to qualityserver.

-Rathna