Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Business process analytics - 7.1 SP05

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a solution with monitoring objects for this i want to activate business process analytics. In configuration of monitoring object i have activated field " Keep data for BW" in Alert reorganization and others.

For the solution at logical component level Load BW master data button  is returning blank values i am not able to see any data like sys id, Semantic id, last BW master data load.

I have made setup as per SAP Setup guide for BPA for SolMan 7.1 SP05 from one of the same Note.

Pls. help

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

First of all, " Keep data for BW" is not for Analytics.
it is option for BPMon Alert Reporting. In service market place,
you can see another setup up document for BPMon Alert Reporting.
Please do not mixed up, Analytics and Alert Reporting.
(Alert reporting is the function, that you can keep past
BPMon <moniroing> result in BW cube and you can see its trend
in trend graph. Analytics offer more analysis function <Drill down function>).

Here is some info in SDN.

Analytics (as of SolMan 7.1 SP5)
http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/06/26/new-business-process...

Alert Reporting (as of SolMan 7.1 SP5)

http://scn.sap.com/community/software-support-and-maintenance/blog/2012/06/19/new-business-process-m...

Judging from your description, what you want to configure is Analytics.
But according to your comment, it looks like you are working on BPMon Monitor because you saw "Keep data for BW"....

If you configure the Monitor under the business process. it indicates
BPMon monitor (raise alert and e-mail notification).

If you configure similar monitor under the logical component, it indicates
Analytics Monitor.

(Please remember all monitors <BPMon&Analytics> are displayed
under the logical component after the configuration. if you extend the
display filed, you can see its attribute in the colomun flavor as attached picture).

Analytics does not have alert function, so for Analytics Monitor,
you only see Monitoring Configuration tab and Monitoring Scheduling tab.
(No other tabs like Analysis tool, Monitoring team, Alert Reorg etc).

Load BW becomes avaialble, after you configure Analytics Monitor and
choose corrsponding group by field.

So please check whether you are working on Analytics Monitor or not.

Best Regards
Keiji Mishima

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji Mishima,

Thanks for your valuable input, it helped me a lot in understanding the difference between Alert Reporting and BPA. I am trying for BPA and based on your inputs I was now able to see the data in Load BW master data tab.

I have created a monitoring object for incomplete sales orders at logical component level.

But when i click on BPA link in workcenter & click the button apply time frame it gives a message "No data available for selected timeframe".

But in the Load BW master data, I can see 94 records loaded Load Status is Loaded.

Pls. let me know what went wrong.

Thanks for you support.

Regards,

Praveen

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Load BW Master data is loading text information of master data.

For example, if your analytics monitor is related to sales document. When you set up monitor

you probably see the group by flag like document type, sales org.

Without load BW master data, you only see technical name of these element.

For example, document type OR. Sales Org 1000, 2000....

But if you load BW master data corrsponding text information is loaded SolMan.

So when you open the Analytics, you can also see these text.

like OR standard order,   Sales Org 1000 - Germany,  2000 - Japan etc.

So loading BW master data is just loading text.

Basically what you can see in Analytics is aggregated transaction data.

So if you configure incomplete sales document, aggregated these document will be avaailble

in Analytics, and you can do kind of pivot analysis in Analytics.

Regarding on your sympton, there are some possibility.

1.Transaction data collection is not started yet.

When you setup Analytics Monitor, you define monitor schedule.

So if you define data collection on every day 18:00. Then aftter the 18:00 SolMan start

data collection to Managed system. After certain time, SolMan extractor get aggregated

data in Managed system and put it into the Analytics Cube.

This means, Analytics data becomes availble after the data collection.

If your define data collection around 18:00, please check Analytics data around 19:00 for

example.

2.Analytics Connector is not configured to Managed System.

In new Analytics (After SolMan 7.1 SP5), to enable multiple data analysis, connector

function is used.  So to use new Analytics, you need to define connector instance.

Go to BPO workcenter via SOLMAN_WORKCENTER => left side, you may see

maintain connector directory => So click connector directory =>New browser window

will start =>Choose line "BPM_ACube" since this is related to Analytics

=>This should have green status, and your managed system needs to be included in

the Managed system of this. If not please update the definition by choosing change button.

After that choose Update AKF Repository. Newly configured item need runtime. So

you can create your analytics monitor's runtime by pressing this.

3.Authorization issue.

Please refer to Analytics setup guide. It indicates required authorization(role  

SAP_SM_BPOANA_ALL)

I hope one of above information solve your issue.

PS. there are some important SAP Notes related to Analytics.

So probably you have better to check whether your system already have these notes.

Note  1759233 introduces many important points and notes. So I recommend you to check this note as well.

BR

Keiji Mishima

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji Mishima,

You have excellent problem solving skills. You approach is very good first you explain the background of it and next you get into the action part. Thanks for your continuous support.

In your above reply point 2 is applicable to me. But even after making settings its giving same message so i am looking into the note 1759233 will keep you posted on updates.

Regards,

Praveen

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji Mishima,

We have analyzed with our BW consultant and what we figured out is, in RSA7 transaction of our satellite system there are no entries. But our job (BPM_DATA_COLLECTION_1 program /SSA/EXS) for data collector is running well running well in satellite system. In SolMan extractor frame work job (program E2E_EFWK_RESOURCE_MGR) is running well for every min. All authorizations are maintained well.

What i can understand is data is not getting picked up form the database tables in our satellite system. Could you pls. throw some light on this area.

Thanks for your continuous support.

Best Regards,

Praveen

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

From my point of view, there are 2 possibility.

1.Data collection in Managed system failed or
   Data collection from Managed system to SolMan Cube fail.

=>Before you tried BPMon, and you got some result. Also Master data collector works.

So I assume less issue here.

2.Some authorization issue or something else to display Analytics Data. But data is in SolMan

=> Higher possibility

To check problem part, I recommend to check whether Analytics Cube in SolMan has some record or not. If there are some records, this indicates, data collection is ok. But due to some reason (authorization etc), Analytics display has issue. If no data, this indicates data collection issue.

You can check Analytics data with following steps.

Goto ->T-CD listcube -> Type "0SM_BPMRH" in info provider

You willbe asked to limit selection filed.

Default field + following

Key Figure
Monitoring ID
Data row
Parameter 1,2,3
System ID
Calendar Day

Choose "Fld Selection for Output" =>Choose all
Then Execute.

If nothing here, data collection from Managed system to SolMan BPA Cube seems problem.

Best Regards

Keiji

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

As mentioned by you in your point 2, I have tried and I could see the data in the infocube. I have checked for the dates and the data is coming to this infocube, which means the data collection from Managed system to Solman system is working fine.

But the actual problem in the analytics screem BPA-->Selct time frame-->Apply Timeframe is still giving the message as Data not available for the selcted period. But for the same dates the data is available in Info cube.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Praveen

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

OK, if the data is in Cube, I suspect following 2 points.

Previously you mentioned, you already checked. But I encourage your to double check again.

1.Connector setting.

As I mentioned previously, Configuration to the BPM_ACube has to be finished.

This means as attached picture, related managed system (ERP) has to be maintained,

also Analytics should be registered as application.  And its status should be green.

And execute AKF Repository update to generate runtime definition.

2.Authorization.

Role SAP_SM_BPOANA_ALL is not activated for all when it is shipped.

If your user has this role or copied this role, I recommend you to review the content of this role.

If nothing adjusted, please adjust the content by refering to the Analytics setup guide.

Another easy way to verify the authorization problem is, take authorization trace from T-CD

ST01 => Mark Authorization Check and Choose Trace on. => Execute the Analytics Selection

operation => Deactivate Trace. =>Display Trace.

If authorization check failed for some role, that will be the root cause.

Hope above 2 comments help you.

Best Regards

Keiji

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for you continous support.

I cross checeked once again and everything as per your screen. The status is gren and I have updated the AKF repository.

I have checked with authorization part also. Theer is no issue with the authorization also.

There are three extractors which are throwing errors. I guess the issue could be because of that.

PFA for the details.

Please help with your inputs on this.

Regards,

Praveen.

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

As of SP5, Analytics and BPMon Alert Reporting uses Extractor framework.

You can consider relevant system is ERP(non SolMan), it is related to Analytics.

Extractor "BPMon Transactional Data Extractor" is used for data extraction from managed system to Analytics Cube.

In your case, I think data is in Cube. So Extractor part is ok.

Unfortuantely I do not have any ohter idea of possible root casue.

So I recommend to create SAP customer message (OSS Message under the component SV-SMG-MON-BPM) for further RCA.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

Not sure you already resolve the error or not.

I just find 1 possibility.

Note  1699842.

In case your release is SP5, and your are using key figure below , the note will solve the issue.

Best Regards

Keiji

Inventory Management/Throughput Goods Movements outbound/KPGR0001/1

Inventory Management/Throughput Goods Movements inbound/ KPGR0001/2

Logistics Execution/Outbound Delivery Items (created)/KPLE0001/6

Logistics Execution/Inbound Delivery Items (created)/KPLE0001/7

Logistics Execution/Shipments (created)/KPLE0002/1

Procurement/Purchase Orders created/KPPURCH2/5

Sales & Services/Sales Document Items (created)/KPSD0001/2

Sales & Services/No. of sales invoice line items day/KPSD0002/4

Sales & Services/Sales Document Items (created)/KPSD0003/1

Warehouse Management/Outbound TO Items (confirmed)/KPWM0002/6

Warehouse Management/Inbound TOs (created)/KPWM0002/9

Warehouse Management/Outbound TOs (created)/KPWM0002/10

Warehouse Management/Posting Change Notices (created)/KPWM0003/1

Warehouse Management/TR Items (created)/KPWM0005/1

Customer Interaction Center/E-Mail Work Items created/KCCIC002/3

Sales Activities/Tasks created/KCSAL002/1

IDoc Reporting/Maximum processing Time of IDocs/IMIDOC020/3

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Keiji,

Implemented the note but no luck. We have raised an OSS with SAP waiting for reply.

Regards,

Praveen

rayapudi_praveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Keiji,

we were asked by SAP to make the info cubu as realtime infocube (0SM_BPM) by applying note 1727089 and

re-configure step 1.1 Load Alert data to BW Cube (In automatic Activities) of Business Process Monitoring scenario by Transaction Code: solman_setup.

But after the above also it didn't work.

I didn't understand why we have to do the above as its totally related to Alert reporting and not Analytics.

A stupid solution, restart of SolMan server worked.

not sure how....but...that's how it is.....!!!

Regards,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

While configurig BPA, I read this thread.. It helped me lot

1. As you are mentioning under the logical component after the configuration, in flavour tab you will get Analytics. where do we configure to get Analytics as for me it is showing Normal.

2. and during configuring Conector Instance, do we need to provide the Sol Mgr BI Client with the RFC destination or just Solman with None RFC.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Younus

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Younus

1. What do you mean "Normal" ? Do you mean normal BPMon monitor ?

Basically, if you configure the monitor under the logical component, it is

Analytics Monitor. So you can see the collected data in business process analytics.

Analytics does not raise any alert. So if you want to use for monitoring purpose,

the you need to configure monitor under the business process node.

Then it become business process monitoring purpose monitor (normal monitor).

You can configure completely separate but same monitor for both level.

Or you can reuse analytics monitor data for BPMon.

If you want to re-use data for BPMon purpose, just try to create same monitor under

the business process node. Then popup message appear whether you want to

reuse confiure reference moitor or not.

(This reuse method is useful if backend system is large like several terabyte ERP and
     data collection takes time. If you use reference function, data collection to managed

system occur just once and data collection for monitoring reuse the data available

solman side.  You can reduce the workload from data collection to managed system

by using this method).

2. If the SolMan BW client is same as SolMan client (you can check via table

RSADMINA field BWMANDT) then just provide RFC connection NONE.

Best Regards

Keiji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks Keiji, your answer worked for me..and I have setup/activated multiple monitoring objects like ABAP Dumps, Idoc reporting etc. for Analytics but in BP Analytics I can see only ABAP Dumps. Is there configuration that i am missing out here to get those monitoring objects also. Please provide some inputs.

Regards

Younus

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Younus

If I understood correctly, you configured several monitor under the logical component for Analytics,

but you only see the ABAP Dump monitor right ?

In that case, I suspect 2 things.

1)You did not conduct AKF repository update after configure ABAP Dump monitor.

Please remember, until SP9,  for every new monitoring object, to refrect it for Analytics,

you have to conduct AKF repository udpate after the monitoring object activation.

If you have no done yet, please go to connector instance setting part and choose analytics

connector instance and conduct AKF update.

*If you look at 0SM_BPMRH cube content via t-cd listcube or rsa1, and you see the data

for IDoc reporting or others, then the issue is missing AKF update.

2) IDoc rpeorting configuration is incorrect or some issue during data collection in managed  

system.

For IDoc reporting, if your managed system ST-A/PI is Q, please implement note 1823650

current version is 7. Make sure you have latest version.

If your managed system ST-A/PI is P implement note 1770726 current version is 4.

Also make sure you do not have any short dump in managed system from BPMon

data collection for example timeout erorr.

If the dump occur from BPMon relevant program, you can see program /SSA/E**

program name in the short dump call stack.

Best Regards

Keiji

0 Kudos

Thankyou so much Keiji for your valuable answer and indepth anlysis of the issue. 

Best Regards

Younus