cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SendTaskDescription can not be executed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

User created a trip. Normally the system should send this trip for approval. The workflow is in error status due to the following error:

Work item 000013034128: Object 000013034128 method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed

When i check the workitem container, AddressString is empty. Could this be the problem origin? If yes, how to correct it?

Thanks,

Hazem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem !

Binding for AddressStrings should be imperfect. That's why it is not populated with required values.

Regards,

S.Suresh.        

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas and Suresh,

In fact when i check the workitem, AddressStrings is empty as you can see it in the image below:

How to check if the binding is correct or not? Actually it is done like this in the task associated to the workitem:

Otherwise, can i enter manually the AddressStrings value and re-execute the workitem via SWIA transaction? If yes, how to proceed?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Hazem.

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem !

Whether agent is assigned agent to this task ?

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Sorry i didn't understand your question. Could you please explain a little bit more?

Thanks a lot.

Hazem.

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem !

Sorry for the mistake in my response.

I did stated whether any agent is assigned to this task.

If it is standard task, please share the standard task id. If the standard task is part of standard workflow, please share the standard workflow id.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

It's a custom workflow. There is an agent assigned to the task. I want to know how can i check why AddressStrings is empty and how can i fill it with the right value (please check images in my previous post).

Thanks in advance for your support,

Hazem

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem !

Address string is not populated with any values as the agent determination logic is failed or due to imperfect binding or containers used to pass agent details to AddressString is not importing/exporting the values  or even its data type could be mismatching.

How do you determine the agent ? By rule or method ?

If it is rule, simulate it at PFAC transaction to verify it returns the agent. If it is a BOR method or ABAP class method, test at SWO1 or SE24 transaction respectively to know whether it outputs the agent details.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

In fact when i test at SWO1 transaction i have WF-BATCH as agent as you can see it in the image below:

What should i do then? When i execute the method "SENDTASKDESCRIPTION", i have no entries.

Sorry if i am asking a lot of question but i am really new to this and can't find a way to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot for your support,

Hazem.

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem !

Double click on your e-mail step.

New screen appears. Take a screen shot of it share it with us.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Here is the screen related to the send mail task:

Thanks,

Hazem.

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem !

Instead of creating a task and calling the above business object and method, just simply create a mail step. It'll do.

So, replace the above task with mail step.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any help regarding my request?

Thanks,

Hazem.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hazem,

first of all, I don't have much experience with workflows so my information might be of low quality. If I'm not mistaken SENDTASKDESCRIPTION is for sending an email, right? I once had such an error in leave request where I forgot to concatenate the agent with US-prefix. I got this information from the following thread (bookmarked it, so I still have it), there's also a lot of other advices, maybe it helps:

http://scn.sap.com/message/8924617

Have you tried the workflow subforums yet, in case you don't get the help you need here?

http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/business-workflow/content

Cheers, Lukas