cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization error while sending by HTTP (error code: 401 , error text: Unauthorized)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have SAP PI 7.3 and we have configured RFC adepter to our ECC server, while testing interface i am getting below error.

Authorization error while sending by HTTP (error code: 401 , error text: Unauthorized)

we have common password for all PI users.

kindly find attach screen shot for more reference.

thanks & regards,

Hiten Modi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hiten,

The error is a HTTP error, so I think the error is internal instead between SAP PI and SAP ECC (RFC communication, not HTTP). Review the trace, it looks like the error is generated calling the Adapter Framework (user PIAFUSER).

Check if this user is blocked. If blocked, review the exchange profile configuration.

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks a lot for your support.

I have update SAP JAVA patch and re-run PI initial Setup from configuration wizard.

and now its working fine.

thanks & regards,

Hiten Modi

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hiten,

If the problem is solved, close the question please.

Regards,

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Modi,

HTTP (error code: 401 , error text: Unauthorized) error is because of user credentials issue. Please provide the proper user/password which has the right authorizations and retry again.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

we have assign below mention role to PIISXD1 user.

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_PI_CFG_SRV
SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR
SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR
SAP_XI_AF_SERV_USER_MAIN
SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER
SAP_XI_EXCHANGE_PROF_READ_ALL
SAP_XI_EXCHANGE_PROF_READ_ALL
SAP_XI_ID_SERV_USER
SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER
SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER_MAIN

but still I am facing same error.

kindly advice.

thanks & regards,

Hiten Modi

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiten,

Dont think this is a issue with Role of the user, but Userid and Password issue. Please Reset the password in ECC and ensure no other Adapter /Channel is running with the same credentials. May be that can cause password lock. If running then Stop others, Reset and then Start this RFC adapter and check.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiten,

Check if your user/password is working correctly?

Also check by providing another equalent user which is working properly in your channel which will solve your issue.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nabendu,

I have to create same PI users In ECC side?, i have tested PI ID and password its working fine.

this is only one communication Chanel which we have created in PI.

Kindly advice.

thanks & Regards,

Hiten Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I have tested with PISuper Id But no luck.

kindly advice how to resolve .

thanks & regards,

Hiten Modi

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiten,

If you are using Userid/Password in PI to connect SAP ECC system, means that User is already created in ECC side.

Now you have mentioned "i have tested PI ID and password its working fine", where did you tested (ECC / PI) and how?

Also check with Basis whether any other system (not PI) is using the same User to access ECC.

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This user type should be communication user, please confirm this.

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that you use PI user If you want to connect from PI to ECC. User under wich you are connecting from PI to ECC must be configured in ECC.