cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are different types of MDM syndication exception - is it same as MDM import - i.e. value, structural, import.

How do we simulate the MDM syndication errors? I need to simulate few syndication exception file for all these scenarios to do a monitoring testing.

Let me know if any body has experience around this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried simulating syndication error by tweaking corresponding XSD. But did not have much success with it. I tried changing field lenght restriction, but MDM does not seem to validate syndicated record based on XSD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

This sounds interesting,you can consider trying the following  -

• play with mandatory fields/multiple create multiple occurance of field with maxoccurs = 1 etc
  • manually tweaking data using custom fields mapped to restricted field
  • sending mass data and bringing MDSS down or repository down.

Please come back with results.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

I have not seen any error or exception during syndication. It could be because of the reason that MDM is sending out the data in the format mentioned in Syndicator Map. So it does not have to do any validations on data during syndication.

But i have seen few failures in PI system due to data syndicated from MDM. That would be because PI team must be validating incoming data and hence singled out invalid data.

Apart from that i don't think there are much syndication errors you would see. Also you can search keyword "Syndication Error" on SCN and it will list down lots of results. You can study those for gaining more knowledge.. Please let me know in case of any other doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP replyt: there is some kind of internal template for distribution folders which creates outbound exception folders automatically, even though they are not used for outbound ports. So it seems like outbound exception status are never captured in these folders.

We would need to monitor syndication process for any failures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this Subin.