cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders are not getting commitment when we have inventory in transit, or available to cover them.

0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

We are having this problem, we think that is because the CVC in APO allocations have a week lag before they are deleted.

I never delete and re create the CVC for allocation before.

Could someone please share your thoughts with an instructive/ full steps to do this process?.

I would really appreciate that!

Thanks & regards!

Franck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franck,

It is unclear to me what characteristics you are using for allocation.  However, barring the possibility that you are using a very odd characteristic, I doubt that allocation is the cause of your problem.

I do not recommend deleting and recreating Characteristic Value Combinations related to allocation.  I do not recommend deleting any CVCs at all, unless they are obsolete.  If you delete CVCs, it will be quite difficult to reassign the existing orders to allocation in a way that will meet all of your business requirements.

In most companies, CVCs are created as necessary, maybe once or twice per month.  They are deleted much less often, such as when a material or customer is removed from allocation processing.  Allocation values are typically altered more regularly.

Normally, if intransit is not being considered, it is because the product check was not configured properly, and has nothing to do with allocation.

You can troubleshoot this in ERP within the ATP proposal screen during an availability check.  Check to see if the confirmation is failing due to allocation, or due to product check.

Best regards,

DB49.