cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks Virtual Parts in VE Author/Generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one here in the forum have used the SAP VE solution with Solidworks? We are having issue with the virtual parts used in the soliworks assembly. The VE Author & the Generator does not bring in the virtualparts.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

What version of Solidworks are you using? VEA 7 supports up to Solidworks 2012. If you are able to provide any sample files for us to investigate, we would be more than willing to check it out for you.

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kelvin,

Thanks for your response. We are currently using Solidworks 2012 SP 1.I am attaching a document  -VP_SW & VP_Author to show whats happening when an assemby with virtualpart is processed by the Author. Almost all our assemblies are designed with virtual parts, so we cannot get rid of them from our legacy assemblies.

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Do you think you can create a sample file with virtual parts for me to test? I can send it to our development team as well and see if our latest build have fix for it too.

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please mail me your id. I can send you directly.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You are correct that it does not work currently in VEA 7.0. However, I have tested in the current build of 7.1 and it looks fine. This functionality has been added in the upcoming release.

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kelvin,

Thanks for your reply. We are on VEG/VEA version 7.0.1.5609 Let me know what is the release date for 7.1. As I do not want to duplicate my installtion/configuration efforts with 7.1.

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I cannot give an exact date other then soon within these couple weeks. Sorry I cannot provide any further information.

Regards,

Kelvin

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

7.1 Should now be released You can find it in the SMP.

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kelvin,

I checked the SMP today and it still shows the 7.0 version for all the VE components.

Please let me know the dates of their avalaiblity.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

VEG/VEA version 7.1 is not available for General Release yet, it will be available in the new year.

Kindest Regards

Fergal Dalton