cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the format for Configuration data file (commercial app onboarding Afaria 7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to set up on Afaria 7 an application policy for "SAP Business Object Mobile" and i want to send the the values of configuration parameters also. I know that on afaria 7, I have a configuration tab which ask me for a configuration data file (txt). I want to know what is the correct format for enter de values for the configuration parameters. I was looking for information, and i found out several documents which explain a procedure as if I was the application developer myself (private enterprise app), but this is a commercial application delivered by SAP, so i can't do it that way... Please help, i attach the view of my SAP afaria

Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

If your application implements AfariaSLL then you can place configuration settings in the configuration tab and fetch them from Afaria server to your application.

Example: servername=<Relay_Server_IP>/<SUP_Server_IP>;serverport=<Relay_Server_Port>/<SUP_Server_Port>;companyid=<FarmID_Relay_Server>;

Simmilarly, you can place your own variables in the configuration settings and then fetch then from your application. This will help Administrator to maitain central settings for one application in one organization.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply, i will test it and let you know the results. Now the application i want to manage through MDM (Afaria) is an application developed by SAP AG (SAP BusinessObjects Mobile). This app does not necesarilly connect to backend system through SUP, it can connect directly to BO System. I suppose i have to place config data (configuration tabs) the same way you told me on your replay but i just have to set the info of my BO system with its port and CMS name? This question is just to confirm... I will wait for your reply

regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

It depends on application, how it's implemented. If it has the implementation of AfariaSLL then definately placing the configuration and fetching will work.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have configure the connection data as follow (image1). Now when i select the option on the device Settings -> Add a connection -> Import from Sybase Afaria, the application automatically prompt Afaria view, and then prompts a blank view (image 2 & 3) and the message "unacceptable"

What am i missing here????

Regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

I think that the way you entered the parameters is not correct. You can refer the guide given along with your application or in Afaria how to manual.

I think it should be something like below for Afaria7:

Variable1: <Value>

Variable1: <Value>

Variable name should be known to you to include them into application configuration.

Regards,

Abihshek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisshek,

I have tested the parameters as you comment earlier, and nothing happens it does not works. I was wrong on some parameters name, but I have checked the documentation for SAP BO Mobile, and I found out the SAP BI URL structure (which also adds conn to the app). This URL use the parameters as Afaria SLL might do. So I have the variable name, but i still dont know (because on the documents dont show the example), which one is the correct format for enter de values for the configuration parameters for SAP BO Mobile Application... ?

Example of SAP BI Url:

sapbi://addconnection?name=ConnectionName&server_url=ServerName/IP:Port&cms=

ServerName/IP:Port&authType=AuthenticationType&default=yes/no&user=User

Name&password=UserPassword&save_password=yes/no

Regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

Try giving as below.

name=<value>

server_url=<value>:<port>

cms=<value>:<port>

authType=<value>

default=<yes/no>

user=<UserName>

password=<UserPassword>

save_password=<yes/no>

OR

name=<value>;server_url=<value>:<port>;cms=<value>:<port>;authType=<value>;default=<yes/no>;user=<UserName>;password=<UserPassword>;save_password=<yes/no>

Atleast one should work.

All the best.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have tried with both of your suggestions... and no luck .... can you give a link to the documentation you have followed??

regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

For this app, i couldn't find the format in which you should provide details in your afaria server.

As per guide mentioned below, i think you should simply enter complete URL in one line itself e.g.

sapbi://addconnection?name=ConnectionName&server_url=ServerName/IP:Port&cms=

ServerName/IP:Port&authType=AuthenticationType&default=yes/no&user=User

Name&password=UserPassword&save_password=yes/no

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/43_mobiOS_user_en.pdf

Also, from your screen shots it looks like you dont have Afaria client installed on your device? otherwise when you click on import from afaria then afaria client should appear as per the guide.

Please check giving complete URL itslef in the configuration settings. Make sure your Afaria client is connected to your afaria server as well then launch application and try to fetch the configuration.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have tried the sap bi url alone and its working by itself. Now when I set this url on configuration tab (Afaria), the same thing it does not work. I have installed the client on the device but its true the afaria client does not appear as its shown on the guide (it only do that the first time). The Afaria client seems to be connected to Afaria Server, in fact I did the verification refresh on the client before I launch the BO mobile Application, and still... it does not work. I have created the .cfg file with this data and put this file on the policy within the config tab, and does not work. I dont know what else should I have to do in order to make the import of conn data. Please Help!!!! (snif)

Regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

I went through Afaria Administration guide http://frontline.sybase.com/support/documents/Afaria/7_0/User%20-%20Admin%20Guides/Afaria_Administra...

And found the steps for putting configuration data for application. It this section "Provisioning Data for iOS and Android Applications tells about how to do this. Just try once.

Also, it would be nice if you could monitor Afaria server log when you try to fetch the seed data.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply. I have read this documentation before and I have followed the steps, that is how i knew the use of configuration tab for this type of policy. Now, I think is something about the format I'm using to set the connection data. The documentation tells that I can set the seed typing on the field or through a file (i have tested Text File, config file .cfg and binary file)... but nothing works.

When we connect the device to a Iphone Configuration Utility, and try to fetch the seed data  throws the following error:

Dec 4 11:20:10 iPad-de-NCG SAP BusinessObjects Mobile[194] <Warning>: Connection failed with error: Se ha agotado el tiempo de espera. https://<afaria_server_name>:443/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/afaria_ps/ps/ps.svc/package/c...

There is a timeout downloading the file. I assume the policy sent only the name of the configuration file referred within to get the connection data, but when i try to import the connection from Afaria on SAP Business Mobile App, the client tries to lookup  this file and somehow can not get it. Although when on my IPAD i tried to get through the browser, the file is downloaded.

I dont know what else should i have to do, on what server log of Afaria Server, do i have to check in order to monitor server´s side when i try to fetch the seed data?

Please Help..

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

It looks like you are using relay server also in between afaria and device.

If problem is at afaria server side then you will get it in the server logs. Also, you can check your RSOE logs on package server.

I would reccomand that you collect logs from iPhone configuration Utility while trying to fetch configuration from application and see which URL it tries to connect. If it's  using correct URL then we need to check other logs.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Yeap the Iphone configuration utility throws this error while trying to fetch configuration:

Dec 4 11:20:10 iPad-de-NCG SAP BusinessObjects Mobile[194] <Warning>: Connection failed with error: Se ha agotado el tiempo de espera. https://<afaria_server_name>:443/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/afaria_ps/ps/ps.svc/package/c...

When on my IPAD i tried to get through the browser, the file is downloaded. So this is the correct URL.

Worth mentioning that i found the admin gui for SAP BO Mobile http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/43_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf in the section "configuring connection on the sybase afaria server" the guide shows an example (xml) very different format that i was using. I will try that tomorrow and let you know if this works (i hope it does). Also i will check the RSOE log for package server I did not thougth about checking that log, may be it will be helpfull...

Regards,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi MC,

Nice this link really point to correct configuration format which needs to be provided in afaria. Let me put it here so that everyone gets the idea.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration_parameters>

<version>

</version>

<mobi>

<connections>

<connection id="connectionId1">

<property key ="BOBJ_MOBILE_URL" value = "http://10.50.111.111:8080"/>

<property key ="BOBJ_MOBILE_CMS_LOCKED" value = "true"/>

<property key ="BOBJ_MOBILE_CONNECTION_TYPE" value = "Default"/>

<property key ="BOBJ_MOBILE_AUTH_METHOD" value = "secEnterprise"/>

<property key ="BOBJ_MOBILE_CMS" value = "10.50.111.111"/>

<property key ="DisplayName" value = "connection name"/>

</connection>

<connections>

</mobi>

<configuration_parameters>

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

IT'S WOOOOOOOORKED!!! ... jajajaj... that is the format

Thank you reply me so many times.

Regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on SAP B1 Mobile App deployment using AFARIA 7 on iOS.

I would like to get the default settings of the app like Server, Company DB to be populated when the app is installed,  what should I enter in the Configuration tab, how will I know the property names that I should use?

Any help is highly appreciated.

With Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I think the property keys are the same for the current app. Meaning you have to put the config file on the App policy with the format Abhishek post on one of the helpful answers (that info was extracted from AdminGuide).

In order to populate the basic connection info, you should enter on "configuration tab" the config file (with ext .cfg) or as a text on the corresponded field, with that format (it's like a XML) but with your server and CMS values.

Then on the app when you choose "Import connection from afaria", the device will open an afaria session, read the configuration and populate the info.

Hopes it helps,

Best regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MC,

Thanks for your reply, however I am  referring to the SAP Business one ( SAP B1) mobile app and not the SAP BO app.

My problem is I don't know the settings property names coded inside the app. This app is for App store and we don't have the source code for this app and hence we don't know the setting property id used in the code

Once I know I have the property ID for all the setting parameters in the SAP B1 app then we can do a config file in similar lines as quoted by Abhishek.

With Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should look up for the adminGuide on service marketplace for that app. That is how we found the solution for our app

BR,

MC

Answers (0)