Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Scheduler status hanging on Pending

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have all my Scheduler instances set to status of pending.

If I look at the help notes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp04/helpdata/en/4c/976b96c14d60c3e10000000a15822d/content.htm

Pending

The scheduler processes all jobs with a status of Pendingthat have reached their next runtime.

I've got the Pending status for all jobs, but two of the jobs run every 24 hours.  The other does run 2-3 times within a minute but should be fine in terms of having finished prior to the next run.

I've checked the outstanding Transactions in the Transaction Manager and cleared all those that were hanging.  I also changed the settings for Transaction Persistence from "all" to "error only".

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lawrence,

There are a few reasons you may have transactions that show up as PENDING in the transaction manager.  You said you cleared these transactions already, so I am guessing that this is what you had seen.

There may have been some error when the transaction execution was launched, you may want to check the default trace/application logs from when the transaction was launched to see if there was an error.

You may also want to check the active threads on the server via the SAP MC, this can tell you exactly what is currently running on the system and you can see what, if any, code is currently stuck or waiting for a response.

You may want to check notes 1759717 and 1762409 for more possibilities and more background on how to solve this problem.

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence

In addition to Michael's reply you can also check your network bandwidth, if the transactions are communicating to ERP or Plantfloor networks. it may happen sometimes that the transactions might hang due to overload on the network.

Regards

Anant

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

After you cleared all the Transaction Manager pending transactions, did you stop and restart MII (in NW)? 

Did you see any improvement in any of the jobs which were not running properly or were they all still just sitting in the pending status?

Did you talk to the Basis or DBA folks about possible log table and/or database size issues?

Regards, Mike