Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to cancel all my messages with "system error" status

alejandro_gmez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

My system's BC:MSG_AUDIT table is continuously growing. At this moment, it has more than three millon records. Apparently, this table contains audit information of messages, ie, the different versions of each.

In Adapter Engine I can see a lot of messages in "system error" status. I've tried a lot of reports with the idea to cancel and delete these messages, but I have not succeeded so far. Some of the messages have been reprocessed more than 900 times, making it grow tremendously the number of entries in BC_MSG_AUDIT table.

I've activated the XML messages archiving and deleting in my PI 7.1.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? and, how could I fix it?

Thanks to all in advance and best regards,

Alejandro Gómez.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use report

RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES and RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES

if nothing works you can use db reorg - http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp.... but be careful it will effect all message and not advisable in production running system...

alejandro_gmez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP tech:

I tried several times to run these two reports. Even I have a job in my system that runs them daily. However the problem persists.

I've also tried the link you provided me, but does not delete any messages or mark them as expired.

Thanks for your response. Regards,

Alejandro Gómez.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried to cancel it from runtime workbench - message monitoring - try it and revert

alejandro_gmez
Participant
0 Kudos

HI SAP tech:

I tried to delete several messages and it have been deleted successfully. The problem is that there are several thousands of messages, and the application does not allow me to select them all and delete them at once.

Do you know if there is any way to mark them all and delete them in one go? I think that that will solve my problem.

Thank you very much. Regards,

Alejandro Gómez.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

filter them by error in RWB and then you will find a button on top of the selection check box where you can select the option of Select all and then you can cancel

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said by Shabarish, select Error message only, give long period (from /to) ... but there is maximum 10000 messages limit to display.. then using select all you can proceed..

alejandro_gmez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish Vijayakumar:

That way only messages being displayed are cancelled, not all existing messages (in other pages). That was the reason for my question.

Regards,

Alejandro Gómez.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other option would be(not recommended) , System error message will have status number so you can execute SQL statement at DB level to change to cancel status.

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

You can delete messages in PI using the below link,.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236...

Regards,

Sreeni.

alejandro_gmez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kancham sreenivasulu:

In the past I had reviewed this guide, but it has not helped me to solve my problem.

Alejandro Gómez.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gomez,

This issue comes when message were failed with in MONI and PI system trying to resend those messages.

Solution:

There is a report to cancell all message (search in scn).

cancel all messages - Sytem error status messages(adapter engine manually).

ask Basis team to delete entries from BC:MSG_AUDIT, they need to schedule a job to perform deletion activity on java tables,even they can perform direct delete also(but not recommended).

Regards,

Raj

alejandro_gmez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar Reddy:

To prevent the database reached its maximum capacity, so far I had to delete records directly from Oracle table BC_MSG_AUDIT several times. But after a few weeks, that table contain several thousand records again.

Alejandro Gómez.