cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am new to JDBC  sender adapter scenario . I have a scenario to read data from a Header table based on field value (VALUE is 1 )we have to  pull data from the respective Detail table and Fetch the same to get an Idoc created in R/3 system. Once Idoc is posted we have to get the acknowledgement back to PI and update the status back in the  header table.

I have searched for threads in SDN for the same but didn't find any relevant post Involving two tables (Two sender JDBC channels).

Please help regarding the scenario. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,    We have decided to create two channels for the scenario,   CC_Header_JDBC_Sender :  Select query : select * from LYTESTXD(Header) where Status= ‘1 ‘.   If Status = 1 then, we have to fetch the data from Detail Table based on Transaction Number(NTRATX  Transaction number is key field in Both Header and Detail tables).   CC_Details_JDBC_Sender :  select * from LYWFI122(Detail) where Status = ‘1 ‘ and NTRATX = LYTESTXD-NTRAX* * LYTESTXD-NTRAX = transaction number in the Header table.  Now based on the same we will create an Idoc in R/3 system.  As per details provided to us by Functional team, Idoc settings have been completed in R/3 system for sending an acknowledgement back to PI system.  Now our concern is How to map IDOC acknowledgement to JDBC response Structure (Header).  Do we need to map the entire header Table as Response structure or only status field (in Header Table) is enough ?   Need your expert help to guide us to proceed further.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JDBC sender Adapter does not support Sync communication.

Withing one Sql query you can perform your requirement(take help from DB team to frame a query).

Divide you interface in to two parts,JDBC-->IDoc, Proxy--->jdbc(ack).

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I have searched for threads in SDN for the same but didn't find any relevant post Involving two tables .

I would recommend to write joins for both tables and combine in to one query and write in the select table.  That is better approach.

>Once Idoc is posted we have to get the acknowledgement back to PI and update the status back in the  header table. 

Since idoc is async based, You can trigger call after idoc posted  using some proxy call in sap and create an another interface for the status update.  Something like proxy to jdbc.