Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot in QM

arindam_samanta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one doubt.

We can create inspection lot automatically in QM. Some times we need to create it manually as SAP provides this feature also.

Why do we need to create inspection lot manually  or at what time we can create inspection lot manually? Is there any advantage when we create it manually?

Thanks & Regards,

Arindam Samanta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be rare that you need to manually create an inspection.  These should normally be avoided if possible in most designs.  One main reason is that manual lots do not control stock.  They do not move stock in or out of QI when created or UD'ed.

Typically, I only sggest using them for correction of an inspection lot.  For instance, you use short term characterisitics and have recorded results and made the UD.  Following the UD and posting the stock out of QI it was discovered that a standard used in test was bad.  Once the new standard is made up and approved, all tests using the bad standard have to be repeated.  A manual inspection lot is created, the single test performed, the result isrecorded, the other tests are left empty and forced closed, and the UD long text is updated to indicate why the test was repeated.

Another possible scenario is that material is damaged in the plant.  A box falls off a forklift requiring the components in the box to be resinspected.  A warehouse roof leaks damaging material packaging requiring a reinspection and repacking.  Any number of reasons.

Another possibility is a customer compliant.  You might create a manual inspection lot to test a cusotmer sample sent in or to test  a retained sample from storage.

I hope this helps.

FF