Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query the MII log database

thomas_machielse
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to query the MII logs. I can look at the logs using the Log Viewer from the MII Portal but I'd like to query the log from within a MII transaction (to check states of transactions, etc). (We're running MII Version 12.1.7 Build(50)).

Is this possible? And if so, how?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

What are you trying to accomplish by providing a mechanism to read the NW Java Logs?  Are you trying to programmatically parse the log files or provide a new UI view to them?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Thanks for the quick reply!

It would be fantastic to programmatically parse them.  The idea is that by monitoring specific messages over a period, a condition would surface that could be handled (escalated, communicated, or programmatically resolved).

Thanks,

Mike

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,
I dont the particulars but I know there is a way in netweaver at a basis/config level where you can trigger an alert or email based on if a pattern you set appears in the logs.

On a programmatic level there is an sap logging api but I havent looked at it in may years and it looks like it changed some. I know you can read and filter the logs but it is very slow because the logs are all in flat files. I think there was also a way to attach an event listener to fire if a certain message appears in the log.

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW73/SPS11/CE/en/com.sap.en/index.html

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Have you ever received information on how to accomplish this?

I am also interested in how to accomplish this in MII 12.1 or greater.

Thanks,

Michael Teti