cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ Routing Rule not showing Expression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a BRF+ routing rule (line item by line item) within SAP Standard Process ID - SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST

The purpose is to use it as a detour based upon Role attributes. Although the rule is generated in ABAP screen, when I try to modify BRF+ rule, the Expression where decision table is located, not coming up.

When I test it, it gives error - Expression not set.

What could be the issue? Need your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sabita,

In the generation program, did you check the box for "Generate Rule"? Try again, but this time, un check and then re-check the box and you'll then be able to specify the input criteria for the expression.

This should then generate the expression directly.

Alternatively, right click in the navigation view and create --> Expression --> Decision Table.

You'll need to ensure that you select the correct result Data Object as it will not be associated as default!

Once you've created it, then navigate to the "Function" and make sure it is in Functional Mode.

Then select the Top Expression field and choose your Decision Table from there.

That creates the link manually to your expression and will solve the error that you're seeing.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Tried to regenerate the Rule as you mentioned, but it didn't bring the Expression-Decision table.

After deleting the Rule, tried to recreate but still the same result.

When I created it manually, it just creates blank Decision table with name and text, not able to see the function or option to select correct result data object.

What am i missing here? The system is at patch SAPKB70211 & SAPK-V1009INGRCFNDA

Regards,

Sabita

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

From the Decision table, go to "Table Settings". Here you should be able to see the field for the Result Data Object which for routing rules should be GRFN_MW_S_ROUTING.

Then you can select your input (Context) criteria.

Then enter the Decision table contents.

Save and Activate.

Now navigate to the Function using the left hand navigation panel.

Select the function and assign the ZBOMROLES decision table as the top expression.

Save and activate the function and you should be ready to go.

If you want to learn more, then the GRC300 and WGB301 courses cover some of the BRF+ application content.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I seriously think I should take the courses, because it seems confusing with BRF+. AC 5.3 was simpler. Well, right now we have to provide solution first.

When I go to Table Settings, there are two Sections - Condition columns and result columns. In both sections, when I navigate to GRFN_MW_S_ROUTING - there are only two fields available - LINE_ITEM_KEY and RULE_RESULT.

BRM fields are not appearing anywhere, some fields Like BUSPROCESS FUNCAREA appearing twice without showing origin whether they are coming from ARQ screen or BRM.

I know I am asking silly questions but need you guys help who have already worked in this area.

Regards,

Sabita

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Definitely look up those courses! I'm an instructor for them in the UK and these sorts of questions are exactly those which most people ask on the courses!

GRFN_MW_S_ROUTING is a structure which contains those two fields. This should be the Result Data Object which will then automatically place those two fields as the results.

The Condition columns are user driven inputs where you give the criteria for the routing rules e.g. Business process or role criticality etc.

For routing rules or initiator rules, there are two sources for the information; the request header (attributes of the request) or the request line items (attributes of the roles on the request). There are some fields which may exist in both (e.g. Business process for the access request or the business process assigned to the Role) which explains why there are duplicates in the list. When selecting the conditions, scroll right to the bottom of the list and you'll find the Structures which show Header or Line Item. If you expand those, then you will see the list of fields again. By doing this, you'll know whether you're looking at the header or line item field.

Select the appropriate fields as the columns and then add in the rows to identify the specific criteria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

we try to use connector, business process, business subprocess and functional area within the decision table. The result with the columns connector, business process and business subprocess on role level is working fine.

But if we add functional area on role level as additional column there is no value interpreted. So the decision table shows no result and we can't start a request.

What is your experience to this issue with functional area?

Thanks and best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I would like just to confirm if there is a way we could assign the default role after the first role owner approved the request.

Can we trigger a routing rule for this? Have created initiator and routing with a db lookup for table GRACPROVLOG with condition Prov Action as 001 (Create User) and 006 (Assign Object), Status = 0 (successful) and Request Number = Context Parameter (Request Number).

Our target is that the user must only be created once the one of the requested role is approved.

Please advise on how can we achieve this scenario.

Regards,

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I am unable to find GRFN_MW_S_ROUTING in GRC 10.1 @ Function --> Signature --> Result data object : Data Object. Do I need to activate any BC set for this one.

Please suggest

Thanks and regards

Nara

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nara,

That object is a standard object but if you don't find it, it might be that you have created the application and objects directly in BRF+ rather than using the standard generation program?

If this is the case, I would definitely go back and generate the BRF+ objects from the generation program as this will ensure that all of the correct standard objects are available to you in the BRF+ screens.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I have created application using standard generation (SPRO), after that I have opened the application and created Table, procedure call, Expression and Rule set. I am using GRC 10.1 SP6.

2. Is there any document / standard GRC workflow for mitigating control assignments review and FFID assignment review like UAR.

Thanks in Advance.

Narasimha

Answers (0)