Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting BW-package entries in ERP system for BPMon Extractor

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The data collection which happens due to BPMon and BPA stores the collected data in a table in the managed system. This BW-packages are transfered to the solman by extractors like "BPMon Transaction Data Extractor".

Due to some problem the extractor stopped working and the BW-packages started accumulating in that table. Now the number of entries is so large that the extractor is not able to extract it as its time limit of 15 min is exceeded. So i need to delete these entries.

One way is to go to SE38, execute the prog "/ssf/ptabbrowser" and select the criteria

Relid: TC,

- Projectid: IEF,

- Objectkey: BW*,

- Max Hits: 9999.

and delete the entries.

Unfortunately the entries are in millions and i cannot delete more than 2000 entries at a time as other wise I get a time out error.

Is there any other way to delete these entries.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when did your extractors stop working, how million of records accumlated in a day or two? i m nt sure on this.. in our system also , some time our bi load nt works for 20 days more... but never got millian records

you find the exact cause? if you sure on extractor issue, delete the table data from os level... ask help from your archive backup team .

and also timebeing remove the check "keep the data for bi" in BPMon reporting, until you fix the extractor issue.

what is the error you receive ? if so paste te errors too?

thanks,

jansi

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The extractor stopped working in August and than it was getting banned. We released it many times but since the data was very much so it could not extract it in 15 mins.

The error is "time limit exceeded" and that is because the time limit of the extractor is 15 mins.

Also I dont think the keep data in BI flag will help cos the issue right now is in bringing the data from the managed system to the BW of Solman. The millions of records are in managed system ERP which needs to be removed.

Also the info provided in my post is all i know about the table entries and the way to delete it.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to delete the data by running a program and deleting in background. after the data was deleted the extractor is working fine now.

Regards,

Vishal