cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the REC/CLIENT Parameter in the System Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I am searching through internet it ask me to set REC/CLIENT parameter in system profile and check the check box in Technical settings "Log data changes" of custom table.

Actually I have created one custom table for my project, when i created the custom table I checked the check box in Technical settings "Log data changes".

but I dont know how to set REC/CLIENT parameter in system profile. Anyone can help me ....

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask basis team, this is not the job of the developer, also it will have some impact on performance, file and data space...

• Transaction is RZ10

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your valuable answer,

I discussed with our Basis Team consultants they told like we can set the parameter  through Transaction is RZ10 with the value

REC/CLIENT = all  

REC/CLIENT = <client#>...

and moreover setting the REC/CLIENT parameter to "all" can seriously reduce system performance.

I suggested this to them...

Thanks & regards
Venkat.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,  rz11 would set dynamic parameters and reset on restart. ,

setting in profile will surely make it work after restart.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay Nikhil...

Anyway if we set this parameter in RZ10, it will track the log changes for all the tables which are activated the "Log data changes" in Technical settings.

Is there any other way to track log changes for particular z-table only in a client???

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ask someone who could set in parameter for rec/client

in tx : rz11

below screen shot for your reference.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

I went through your screen shots that was too helpful.

I discussed with our Basis Team consultants they told like we can set the parameter  through Transaction is RZ10 with the value

REC/CLIENT = all  

REC/CLIENT = <client#>...

Thanks & Regards

venkat

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RZ11 when dynamically switchable box is OFF ?

Regards,

Raympnd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked that also Raymond , RZ11 is for temporary usage of parameter set, once the server get restart the parameter that we had set will go off and again we have to set.

Regards

Venkat

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And in this case, as this parameter is NOT dynamically switchable, RZ11 should even not allow to change it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

Anyway if we set this parameter in RZ10, it will track the log changes for all the tables which are activated the "Log data changes" in Technical settings.

Is there any other way to track log changes for particular z-table only in a client???

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor