cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital spares cost

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts, Capital spares such as assembly is created as non-valuated material i.e.material price is zero in material master record.In this scenario,when I am consuming this material through maintenance order,material cost reflected in the order is zero.Will it be charged to asset ( i.e equipment) ? If yes,how can we charge to the asset & also to the dept.where this material is used ? Please also let me know procurement cycle of an equipment ? Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Pranjal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the material is non valuated, then its not possible to charge the asset or department. You have to make that as valuated material.

There are 2 kinds of Equipments. One will be considered as Asset & the 2nd one will be repairable spares (sub-assemblies). If its asset, then you have to follow asset procurement process (check in google). If its sub-assembly, then create material master with serial number. You can activate serial number profile to create equipment automatically at the time of procurement, if you want to maintain maintenance history for the sub-assemblies.

Whenever you use the sub-assembly for any main equipment (asset), the cost can be settled to that asset using settlement process.

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your information.As you have mentioned "Whenever you use the sub-assembly for any main equipment (asset), the cost can be settled to that asset using settlement process" This case will work as we in case of normal spares means we will create reservation through maintenace order ,issue the sub-assembly.Then cost of the sub assembly will be booked to the order & finally from order the corresponding asset no. Is it correct?  In our case there one asset may comprise muliple equipments.So, how can we book the sub-assembly cost to an specific equipment. Also,in case of non-valuated capital spares,if we maintain price in PO during procurement,is not the value charged to the account assigment maintained in PO?Please clarifiy my doubts. Thanks in advance. rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

If main equipment comprises of many sub equipments (material with serial numbers), you can use Installation / Dismantling with goods movement process in IE4N transaction.

There you can post the costs to Asset using 241 movement type.

You can find many threads for IE4N transaction in this forum. Please search.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though you could mention the price in PO, the value will not get carried over to material as its non valuated stock. So whenever you consume that materials, consumption will be zero (as zero valued stock)

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your great response.For point no.2 ,what I am assuming is that if  in PO for non-valuated

assembly,we maintain maintenance order as account assignment ,I believe that PO price should reflect in the mainatenance order & from mainatenance order,we can transfer the cost to asset. Can not we do like this?

Another issue is that one asset comprise many equipments in our business?

rgds

former_member254442
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks dude

rgds

pranjal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prajal ,

Maintenance assembly is used for the spare planning and the better understanding of equipments in PM . They can be used in BOM and while reserving spares it gives you better idea for the equipment structure.

And as maheshwaran explained you can either go for :

1 . Asset

2. Refurbishment/serialization of materials .

In above two cases you will be dealing with the cost of the equipments/spares .

Regards