cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a check box "Basic Contract" visible when creating a contract document. If this field is checked, it only permits header level data entry.

There are 2 threads related to this in SDN, but, with these, I am not able to get a clear picture.

Can you guide me on the purpose of this check box.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I believe If the "Basic Contract" checkbox was checked you cannot able to add the items.

Kindly refer the OSS note Note 1315727 - Item gets added when Basic Contract Checkbox is checked which talks about that its a bug if it allows to add item if the Basic Contract Checkbox got checked.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

I believe you are the one who worked for some days with me in Ambattur estate office....Nice to see you in SDN....

By the way, my query is to understand the purpose of basic contract and not related to any bug. I just wanted to know why do we use basic contract.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

If you select the "Basic Contract " checkbox, the contract contains only header data and conditions, but no line items. Basic contracts cannot be distributed to a catalog nor it can be used as source of supply.

It can be used as template where in the conditions can be applied to the mulitiple sub items and also similar to the hierarchy kind of structure.

For more information you can refer this thread also http://scn.sap.com/thread/1495997

Regards

Ashok