Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disadvantages of using folders In sap pi 7.1

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can any body tell me the answer for Disadvantage of using folders in sap pi 7.1.

Thanks&regards

N.Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe it's just me, but be very careful in deleting folders because all objects inside that folder will get deleted. Also, rejecting the delete via change list won't bring back the object once you have deleted the folder.

It is best practice to move the objects out of the folder first before deleting it.

Just my two cents,

Mark

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folder is an enhanced feature that helps us to organise the interface components clearly and visually.  I would even recommend to use it in the integration directory.  If you organize using folder you could troubleshoot pretty much in no time by navigating to the respective folder.  IMO, if you have reusuable component exampe proxy receiver adapter for more than one scenarios, then this communication channel can be left out of folder. The remaining components of that interface can go in the folder itself.

Another advantage: You could create folder and sub folder too.  If you have 5 interfaces to the same client then you can create main folder for that client and create 5 sub folders and move the 5 interfaces components respectively in the sub folder. This way you see one folder entry for that one client.  You will not view as seperate folder for every interface. This is basically advantage side of folder.

Hope that helps.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion there aren't disadvantages because as Shabarish said, you can avoid to use them. I would appreciate that the same object could be in several folders, it's only a personal opinion . In the integration directory enviroment, the folder view dont help me so much in order to have all organized, i like more the scenario view that the PI take again in SAP PI 7.11

Regards.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there really arent any disadvantages.

Folder provide great flexibility of organizing your scenarios. Hence in case you dont want to use it, then you can avoid using folder. Remember, use of folders is not mandatory

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks shabarish vijaykumar,

Recently i attended one interview they asked the question of disadvantages of using folders i said it as

i find one dis advantage is when at mapping we have to select the message types that is not viewed by me i said that  they said ok .

Is there any other points regarding to this.

Thanks

N.madhu

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Recently I transported ID objects along with Folders, but i can not see any folder in my QA System.

I was actually confusing that the trnsports are not done properly. But transports are correct.

Later I realized that folder will not come to TEST using CTS+ to QA.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I did not get my folders in QA, what could be the problem.

Did I export wrongly? 

please suggest me  I will do it again, what may be the issue with CTS+ transport?

Regards,

Sreeni.