cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in receiver plain http adapter:::ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I received a wsdl from my client,and I tried configuring an HTTP adapter to access it(as an alternative to SOAP,as it was giving timeout error).

I tried creating HTTP destination for the in SM59 of connection type G.

As the soap address in wsdl was:

<soap:address location="http://abc.scc.com/qwwebsvc/qwservicedtoXml.svc/BasicHttpAddress"/>

In SM59,

In target host: I gave abc.scc.com

In prefix: /qwwebsvc/qwservicedtoXml.svc/BasicHttpAddress

In service: 80

As I read in a balog that if no value of service given in url,we should put 80.

Its still giving me ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED error.

Can you please let me know where I am doing mistake in the configuration.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just after executing the RFC destination, can you go to tcode SMICM -> shift + f5 and then scroll down to the last page and paste the error here. The ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED could mean a lot of things you know...

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The trace file gave thie error:

*** WARNING => Connection request from (54/26602/0) to host: abc.scc.com, service: 80 failed (NIECONN_REFUSED)

Regards,

Sri

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check with your network team if your PI system is allowed to connect with this URL?

Regards,

mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks.I am trying to confirm from the network team.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

My basis team is taking time,so i thought of going to tcode "dwdm",and checked the basic website of the third party was accesible.

Do you think this approach is fine?

Regards,

Sriparna

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure about dwdm, can you check if you can ping the URL via NWA or via a user-defined command (ping) in SM69?

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot.I tried it,and the the ping was unsuccessful from sm69.

Does it mean its checking connection between our PI server and the IP that I gave.

Then it means there is issue with the connectivity.

Regards,

Sri

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Then it means there is issue with the connectivity.

Yup, that would probably be it. I also encountered the same issue when connecting to External and Internal IPs. The ping would work on the Internal IP but not on the External, can you confirm that?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I'm just making the assumption that this is an external service, why not get port/endpoint clarification from the client that provided the WSDL? Using port 80 is not that common on externally exposed services. The client would have probably also tested their service from externally before providing their WSDL to you (but again another assumtion :-))

Theoretically, you should also be able to access the WSDL from your web browser too by just adding ?WSDL to the end of the address location. If that doesn't work then your network connectivity tests will be additional work for no reason.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes thats correct.It works for internal IPs.

Regards,

Sri

Answers (0)