Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Partial Picking

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After doing PGI,

In Outbound delivery completely picked(C), but in item level partially picked(B), Hence such deliveries are not reflecting in VF04 and unable to do Billing.

so kindly solve this problem.

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue can be resolved by using T.code VL_COMPLETE. This t.code should be used only when the status updates are not correct because of any technical reasons. The T.code help documentation gives you more inforamation.

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

To add to Sumanth's comments when there is any issue with the status updating of delivery as described in the above blog we can use "VL_COMPLETE" transaction to make the statuses complete.

But if invoice is not created for the delivery, in such case if you execute the above transaction for the delivery it will set the billing status of delivery to C (Processed or completed) there by invoice cannot be created for the delivery.

To fix such issue one has to execute the program RVDELSTA after using the TCode "VL_complete" thereby all the statuses of the delivery will be set. Executing the program RVDELSTA will revert the billing status from 'C'  to  'A'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ILAVARASAN

Kindly check the following note

Note 170772 - GI: Goods movement status does not switch to C

Note 49664 - GI: Wrong goods movement status (correction report)

Note 485361 - GI: Unwanted partial goods movements posting

If not in the system, please implement. In these notes your issue is been discussed with possible reason

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilavarasan ,

Can you try to "reverse the PGI" and try to do PGI again. Check still system shows Header GM Status as "B". It seems that it could be one of the rare scenerio due to system inconsistency.

Also check whether you have any other document with similar status in VBUK table.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ilavarasan

I would like to give you one example.. why such things happen, though there may be some other reasons but what I have found in such a case during my investigation.

Process was like that:

Sale Order>Delivery>Billing

User creates SO with line item and at the time of delivery accidentally enter something in a line item of delivery

screen that of that delivery:

Now if you will do the billing of such delivery (after PGI) only one invoice will be generated for first line item and somehow if you or your user will delete the second line item in VL02N or anyhow. Status overview will be similar like your but you can't create billing document anymore.

What I have done there to avoid such situation, in delivery type (OVLK) in ItemRequirement under Tab Order Reference I put 101 Item, to avoid in such things in future.

Please take consideration of such things while investigating your issue.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

I enjoyed reading your post! Thank you!

I have done some tests:

I created a sales order, delivery, did picking i.e. Overall status = C Fully picked,

1. When I create the second line in the delivery like you have mentioned (in the screenshot - i.e. No material code, only Delivery quantity = 0), the Overall Picking status does not change. (it still remains Fully picked)

2. Nor when I delete the second line in the delivery, the Overall Picking status does not change (it still remains Fully picked)

Please note: I haven't created any billing document between 1 and 2. (having some problems with SAP IDES )

Thus in OP has talked about -

- at line item picking status = C

- at header, picking status = B

But in my above test the picking status at header level is always = C.

If I put a material code in the second line item of the delivery & some delivery quantity, then the picking status at header level = B, but that is correct as the picking status at item level = A (Not yet picked)

Could you please help by replying to my post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

When you enter the text (No Material) check the item category determined in the delivery. Check the Delivery Item Category for it. The picking status in the delivery is influenced based on the "relevant for picking" settings in the item category". In this case, it is not relevent(Since it is a text_. So the status remains same

Regards

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

Thank you for your reply!

Indeed delivery item category is TATX and it is not relevant for picking.

How or when does this issue happen (i.e. inconsistency between header and item in delivery)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

It seems that sometimes there will be inconsistency (Rarely occurs). I never faced this issue before.

Refer SAP Note :  506510 and also check the related notes.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Sir ,

Thanking you for the compliments.

You have given me the confidence for a comeback. And whenever I read your answers I really gets goosebumps, I feel in your post you take time to make other person feel important.

And I assure that I will continue with providing quality contents with sincere efforts.

Coming to your query,

I will send you the document which I have made. i.e. what that user was doing to make data inconsistent in the table .

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilavarasan ,

Please check the below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1561939 --

Execute the program RVDELSTA. Refer SAP Note :  506510 and also check the related notes mentioned in it.

Regards

Vinu

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

after runn this programm also its not updating the status. any other changes we have to do ?

Prince

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TD,

As per your statement the delivery item is not completely picked as it is showing Partially processed.

But you are saying that the delivery status is C- Completely processed.

It should not be...Can you please paste the SAP screen over here?

Thanks,

Suman

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz see the screen shot , i marked that in that picture.

Prince

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please maintain correct Billing Document Type what you have maintained in VOV8 as Billing Document F2 or what was there mentioned and execute the delivery document number in VF01.

Please put the screen shot when will you get any errors or warning messages.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

VOV8 we maintian F2 only.

the error in vf01 screen shot is attached here :

Prince

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First do the PGI then try for billing in VF01.

Thanks,

Suman

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

PGI is already completed for this. but i am getting this error..

Prince

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ideally the Goods Movement (GM) status should be C, But in your case it is B. Thus you are not allowed to created Invoice.

Can you please investigate why the Good Movement Status is B?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

sugget me , what i have to do for change this options ?

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts i am also waiting for answer bz i think it is very helpful to know 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ilavarasan,

This is an interesting question

Please update this thread with the answers to the below questions:

1. PGI or not: In VL03N, go to header level, Tab Processing, what is the value of field "Goods issue"?

2. Picking at header level:  go to header level, Tab Processing, what is the value of field "Picking"?

It looks like B, from the screen shot. But please confirm.

3. Picking at line item level: For all line items, go to each line item, check Tab Processing, field "Picking", what does it say?

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

i checked in SAP :

1 . Goods Issue Status : C

2. Picking Status : B

3.  Each Line item Pick Status is : C

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to see Document Flow  of the Sales Order and delivery document if you don't mind ,can you please share that screen shorts.

Side Comment :  I am not sure this will help you but I want say some suggestion on this query.

1. What Scenario ,You are running in your system ?

2. Have maintained Billing Relevenace in your Item Catgory or not in VOV7 ?

3. Have you maintained Copying Controls b/w Sales Docuemnt and Delivery Document or not ?

Have you maintained any User Exit to change Status in your case ?

Request : Please mention ,what did you do in your case ? to further response .

Thanks,

Naren,