Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionaire for SAP System Audit for SD / MM

former_member209707
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

We have a SAP system audit for a client for SAP System enhancement. Can any one guide me with any questionaire list that can be used to verify if all functionalities are being used to the fullest.

THANKS in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

M.aslam,

I need to know what all Ques can I ask to find out which all functionalities are being used by the Client

I> For this start by asking the business about what processes they have.

For each process go in to details, you shall get a fairly good idea about the functionalities they uses.

E.g.

Business uses the returns process

Questions:

1. What is the flow of events? (in SAP language, you are asking for the document flow)

2. Start with RE Order:

- Configuration in the sales document type VOV8:

Is there any block (maybe credit block)? Are they using any "authorization to release this block"?

Is there any shipping condition? For "dedicated" shipping point determination

Document pricing procedure + Pricing?

Text?

Output?

Incompletion log? Can incomplete RE order be saved?

- Configuration in item category VOV7:

Delivery related or Order related billing?

- Configuration in schedule line category VOV6

Movement type?

II> What fields are populated in a customer master (master data)?

- Sales office, sales group

- Shipping conditions, Complete delivery

- Incoterms, Payment terms

- Partner functions etc.

and which Functinalities in SAP are not yet being used. 

From what is being used, you might get an idea about what is not being used

Understand what processes are physically carried out and not yet implemented in SAP

Based on the review which we will be doing we will have to recommend the enhancements that tehy need to go for.

Recommendation list should follow a priority - on the top points that give maximum returns to the client.

In the interaction with clients see if there are any

- Manual repetitive work

- Activities that lead to mistakes

- Implementation of new processes (e.g. Invoice correction process) document types (e.g Creation of Proforma invoices), basic functions (e.g. Material determination, material exclusion etc.)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aslam

Can you please tell me is it implementation auditing or post implementation or system audit. so that I can provide proper documentation.Can you please tell me little about the enhancement you done.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member209707
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

They have already implemented SAP ECC 6.0 and have been using it for few Months. The process used in SAP is incomplete in their SD, MM, PP functionalities.

I need to know what all Ques can I ask to find out which all functionalities are being used by the Client and which Functinalities in SAP are not yet being used. Based on the review which we will be doing we will have to recommend the enhancements that tehy need to go for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aslam

In my view you first check with their process and what they are following and then based on these try to find the gaps in the system which is not done yet.After that find the loops in the system like fallowing:

1. Authorizations and checks , this is very important.
  2. In return order system should not accept more quantity then billed.
  3. User should not able to change the price in SO, if they are referenced with contract or so, only authorize person can do it.
  4. What are mandatory required fields in Customer Master creation and weather it is centrally locked or not ( SPRO>Financial Accounting (New)>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable>Customer Accounts>Master Data>Define Screen Layout per Activity (Customers)).
  5. Number range assignments.
  6. User should not be able to enter material at the time of VL01N or VL02N.
  7. Checks and proper review of sales order yet to delivery, delivery yet to billed. Like this all the other things
  8. Copy Control Settings
  9. There should be only document types where are in use not other i.e. not mapped.
  10. Authorization on Z Tables created and why they are created.

Based on these things make categories like High Risk,Medium Risk,Low Risks. And based on these risk rating prepare a documents.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra