cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination type H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure an RFC destination type H, in order to call R3's RFC via http.

What's the proper path prefix for defining the RFC destination ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elad,

You can use <SID>_XXX. Where <SID> is for target system and XXX is for target client.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I think you misunderstood me, I meant to the path prefix field in the technical settings section inside type H RFC destination's properties.

Thanks,

Elad.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on what you want to do.

you can have a node in SICF of target system with a handler class and you can point to that path

/sap/bc/mynode

or for soap calls you can use

/sap/bc/soap/rfc

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I want, is to be able to call RFC's not over RFC protocol (RFC destination type 3), but over HTTP (Type H).

But I don't want to create a new SICF node for each FM, Is it possible ?

Is the /sap/bc/soap/rfc node a generic one that allows me to call every RFC i'd like ?

Do I have to pass any parameter with the soap request ?

What are the needed roles for the required permissions ?

I've tried using the node you specified (I've createdan RFC destination of type H with /sap/bc/soap/rfc path) but when I tested the connection I got an error message pointing to an internal server error (SoapDoc::Init: Cannot set inout buffer) anny idea what it means ?

Thanks,

Elad.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I want, is to be able to call RFC's not over RFC protocol (RFC destination type 3), but over HTTP (Type H).

why? is there any special reason for this.

when you call RFCs over http connection the way you call them is different not like call function....destination dest.

may be if you could tell us what you are trying to achieve (the big picture) may be we could come up with alternates

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason for this, is related to network security, I'm only able to send http requests between the two machines.

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

I am new to this concept.I need to create RFC destination types H and G for eCATT testing ecatt Objects(Java, ABAP Webdydynpros). Could you please explain the flow to create RFC Destinations or please send the navigation steps to my mail (raghava_vakada@yahoo.com).

Please urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Raghava Vakada.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The /sap/bc/soaprfc is the "old style" generic node for calling RFC as web services.

It is used up to WAS 6.20.

Beginning with WAS 6.40, it is still there and funcional but you are supposed to use the new web service implementation with one SICF node per RFC module function.

In that case, You can create an HTTP destination per function module to call.

If you just test the HTTP destination from SM59, you will, of course, get an error because you just send a GET to the URL which does not respect the SOAP protocol.

What you need to do is to create a web service proxy from the WSDL.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for reply, I need to use first process.

Thanks in advance.

Raghava Vakada