cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor payment block

former_member404709
Participant
0 Kudos

we wanted to partially process the vendor payments on a daily basis. For E.g: if we have 50 invoice payments for the vendor, then we want to process only 10 today, and another 10 the following day and so on. What is the easiest way to achieve this? I understand this is not the SAP standard procedure, but since our company is little tight on the money, we have an agreement with vendors to process invoices partially.

Lets say if we put a payment block on the vendor, we should be able to enter the invoices and system will block invoioce for payment. Can we mass remove the payment block on 10 invoices and process the payments, even though the vendor is blocked? or does the payment block need to be removed on vendor?

Any suggestions are welcome..Thank you,,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new payment term as Z100 in t.code:OME2 and keep B (Blocked for payment) in Block key field in Pmnt block/pmnt method default segment and save.

Now assign the new payment term  Z100 to vendor code* in t.code:XK02 and save.

Create new purchase order with your vendor code*,do goods receipt WRT purchase order and do invoice verification where you have invoice with auto-payment block.

Go for releasing blocked invoice with t.code: MRBR and then pay to your vendor with t.code: F-53.

NOTE:

Without new payment term creation, you can set B (Blocked for payment)in field of Payment block in Automatic payment transaction segment in Payment transaction view of vendor code in t.code: XK02 and save.Now create purchase order ,do goods receipt ,do invoice verification ,released the blocked invoice with t.code: MRBR and then pay to your vendor with t.code: F-53

Regards,

Biju K

former_member404709
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the responses..

What i did was since we already have invoices in the system that needs to be paid, i went ahead and put a block on vendor master itself, payment block  - A = Man. for Payment.

And then ran the payment proposal in F110, and all the payments were blocked for payments. I manually removed the payment block on only one payment and processed it through. The payment went through successfully.

So i think i am going to use this approach..

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Options are given to you, better simulate all the options in developement system and choose the best one option which is suitable to your business!

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MIRO tanction payment tab you maintain paymrnt block option,

other vise OLME-->Vendor master-->Define terms of payment(OBB8) inthis you maintain payment block also

Help full  U

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont believe you can process the payments if the vendor is blocked but it may be worth a test to be sure...

You may be able to  make partial  payment documents against invoices using transaction F-58, so that might be something to look into to see if it fits your process or not.

Or you could try:

1. In FB02 block this invoice for payment.

2. In F-59 create payment request.

3. Run payment prog with tr. F111.

It will pay for payment request, and not for invoice - it's blocked. When you decide to pay the rest - unblock invoice, and final payment will clear both invoice and payment request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask your FI to Create a new payment terms in OBB8 settings and make use of the 'Block Key' field and corresponding flag. Please make use of this payment term for the invoices that you post.

Thanks,

Shiva