cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of sample size through formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP User,

I want to know how to create Inspection lot quantity wise sample size through formula.  Suppose FG- XYZ has been produced 10 pcs against process order. GR inspection setup has been activated. Hence after production of 10 pcs , Inspection lot created. Through Usage decision qty can be transferred to unrestrictive.

Sample size of 10 pcs will be sqrt (N) +1 =4

My Quarry: - How to reset dynamically sample size through formula.

Sample size only dynamically will display, this will not be reduced lot qty.

Please let me know step by step procedure.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

You can try with the option of creating sampling scheme in QDP1

Create the sampling scheme without valuation parameters. Here you can define your own sample size for a particular lot size range.

Hope this will solve your purpose. I hope you are looking for this. If not elaborate your issue clearly.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear User ,

I want to develop sample procedure through formula. According to lot size , sample will be calculated through formula.

Say , lot size of 1500 kg , sample will be generated through formula like;

sqrt(1500)+1  = round(40)

For your kind information , please let me know procedure how to put formula.

Regards,

Amit Biswas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In customization under Quality Management->Quality Planning Basic Data->Sampling Types, you may define a new sampling type and assign it a Z function module in which you develop the formula. Begin with copying an existing sampling type and develop the function module by copying existing formula. Assign this new sampling type to a new sampling scheme that you will create. This should work.

Regards.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically for what you want to do it's easier to create the sampling scheme rather than doing the customization.

Use excel to calculate the various values for you and than you can copy and paste them into the sampling scheme.  It might take you an hour to do it and the users can maintain it themselves.  Its much easier and cost efective than customizing.

FF