Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Flatfile to XML conversion Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Scenario is File --> Idoc scenario.

I am generating an Idoc using Idoc Flat file without IR (mapping). I am just using Module "SAP_XI_IDOC/IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor" in ID. And it is successfully working.

A standard Idoc segment is having 21 fields. Previously I am using 10 fields to send the data. Now I am sending data in all 21 fields . now it is throwing the following error

"java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index [20] out of bounds.The metadata 'E2BPEKKOA001' contains 18 fields"

I have checked the meta data and In metadata 'E2BPEKKOA001 segment is having 21 fields in metadata also.

--> I have deleted and re-maintained the metadata. 

--> And also re-maintained the Destination (Target Destination) and Application resource (Source JRA) in nwa.

please help me to resolve the same to send 21 fields data.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

The IDOC segments can have different versions.

Please check that the 21 fields are really defined in version 001.

Otherwise use the latest version number in the Segment Name

E2BPEKKOA00X

Hope this helps,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for your valuable advice. Now I have changed the segment as E2BPEKKOA002 , which is having the 21 fields. But, it is showing the same error. And I have checked the segments version in WE30. The version 002 is unchecked. How to check the same.  Kindly advice me.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

You release the Segment definition in the screen that you have shown above.

Choose Edit->Set Release.

But this segments look like a standard SAP object (no Z-namespace).

So if you want to change the segment, this might be a modification,

and you are not sure if the content will be processed, as it was not release by SAP.

Please check if you can also work with the latest released version.

However after setting the release indicator, you might have to restart the J2EE Server.

Sometimes the IDOC structures are cached somewhere.

Regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jurgen,

Yes it is a standard structure. I am unable to edit the same. I have asked the Basis team for the same.Thanks for your support.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh