cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design tool connect to SAP R/3 Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to connect to SAP R/3 Tables to Information design tool.I created one relational conncection with SAP R/3.

But this connection contains all ABAP Functions and tables.I want to connect to particular tables like MARA,MARC.In the find option if enter MARA it could not find any table.

What is the best way to connect to particluar table in SAP R/3??

Can someone please help on this???

Regards

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i remember it, that driver only supports: ECC InfoSets, Queries or FunctionModule.

Here is some background reading for you:

1)  According to the DataAccess guide: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp4_data_acs_en.pdf under section "6.2 SAP ERP connections"

<< .. ERP data access driver that allows access to the following ERP objects:

• InfoSets

• SAP Queries

• ABAP functions >>

-> could it be that the object you are looking for doesn't fall into these categories?  Else you are looking in the wrong local/global folders, or searching using wrong wildcards.

2) You should read sections "6.2.2 Access to InfoSets and SAP Queries" and "6.2.3 Access to ABAP functions"  as it explains some of the capabilities and limitations there. Including the relationship between Local and Global.

3) You should also take a look at the IDT documentation here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp4_info_design_tool_en.pdf .. particularly section "3.3 Universes on SAP ERP"  where it reads:

<< single-source data foundations do not support calculated columns or joins between tables inserted from an ERP connection.

For support of calculated columns and joins, create a multisource-enabled data foundation on a secured

connection. >>

4) please also check "8.2.3.2.2 ABAP function and InfoSet parameters for ERP connections" in the boave IDT guide.

5) You may also want to check "9.16 About ABAP ERP input columns"

regards,

H

Answers (0)