cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack for BW 7.0 Ehp3

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can't create a stack for my BW server because SEM-BW and other components are not relative.  I have read Note 1326576  and I don't follow it.  For one thing they talk about SMSY and SMSY is obsolete in 7.1, you have to use LMDB.  I have SAP ERP 6.0 listed as an installed  product instance, but on the Software Compnent Versions the assignment button is greyed out.  Help appreciated and points will of course be rewarded.

P.S.  Isn't SolMan supposed to make life easier for basis?  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The note 1326576 was written by the BC-UPG-ADDON team, perhaps we could update it with an LMDB KBA for the configuration cases.

Maintenance Optimizer uses SMSY as the system landscape data source up to SP04.

What is the ERP software component release information in your system? I need this to be able to suggest a configuration.

Usually, you have to add ERP 6.0 and an Enhancement Package of ERP to your system, then mark as installed the product instance in the note 1326576 , depending on the ERP software components present in your system.

When you say 'assign component', do you mean product instance? I am not sure if we are using the same terms.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First off, Landscape Verification made me add SAP ERP 6.0 as a product version even though it is not installed.  This makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Under Technical System --> Software --> Software Component Versions I am not able to check the Product Assigned field for the components that MOPZ is complaining about.  They are:

- FINBASIS 604

- SAP NW 7.0 BI CONT ADDON 7.05

- SAP BS_FOUNDATION 701

- SEM-BW 604

I would also like to add ST-A/PI

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your system has product instance SAP SEM of EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 installed.

Since Maintenance Optimizer works only with standalone product versions, LMDB offers ERP 6.0 too. This is OK, and it makes sense once you think about these ERP addons as a product instance .

In note 1326576 you can see that you need to define your system as ERP and open the Maintenance Optimizer transaction under product version ERP.

ST-A/PI is not part of the stack of Netweaver or ERP, so it does not make a difference to add one thing or the other in LMDB.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And what is the painful process of changing a BW system to ERP.  I shudder to think of the convoluted steps that will be required. 

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not that complicated. Well, it is but I have to try to be encouraging

In SMSY:

1. add product version ERP 6.0 in the Header Data tab of your system.

2. Mark product instance SAP SEM as relevant

3. Add EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0

4. Mark product instance SAP SEM of EHP4 as relevant.

5. Create a logical component of product version ERP 6.0 based on product instance SAP SEM as detailed in SAP KBA 1766111 .

6. Add this logical component to a solution and proceed with Maintenance Optimizer .

Point #5 is the one most people struggle with , that is why I created a KBA.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño 

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is a nice KB  but I am still getting errors for SEM_BW 604, SAP_BS_FOUNDATION 701 and FINBASIS 604. 

My Landscape Verification is now green after I added the ERP stuff and made SAP_SEM and  FINBASIS relative.

Also I can't mark BI CONT, ST-PI, and ST-A/PI as "Product Assigned" in the LMDB.  These components will need to be in the stack. 

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The 'I still get error messages' reply does not help troubleshooting the issue. What error messages? Where? (SUM? MOPZ? Verification check?)

- What is the current system definition? (product versions, product instances marked as installed)

- Have you opened the Maintenance Optimizer transaction under product version ERP 6.0?

- What is the product version of the logical component you assigned the system to?

- BI CONT is part of product instance Business Intelligence of Netweaver, which you should not have removed.

- ST-PI and ST-A/PI are not part of any product instance. These components will be handled as stack independant files.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry I am getting errors in MOPZ, verfication check is now green.  Below is the message:

Mark relevant instance to include the software component SEM-BW 604 in SMSY/LMDB

Message no.MOPZ_MSG_DELTA_CALC064 

Same message for FINBASIS 604 and SAP BS FOUNDATION 701

Also I know that BI CONT is part of BI, I did not remove it,  but in the Software Component Versions tab it is not checked therefore it will not be picked up MOPZ.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks  for your help, I am much closer than I was before but I going to open a ticket wtih SAP SUpport.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will most likely be processing your message, I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel and Mary

I understand that this is an old thread .But if you guys can help me that would be great .

I have already posted the issue in a fresh thread but no response yet. Hence  posting here.

I am stuck with the same issue for the component SAP_BS_FOUNDATION701."Mark relevant instance to include the software component SAP_BS_FOUNDATION701 in SMSY/LMDB ".

In LMDB, the verification check shows  unable to cover the same component under any product instance.

We are upgrading our BW7.01 to  BW7.4 SR1. The SEM_BW component is  at 600 release. But i was able to add standalone SAP SEM 6.0 product instance in LMDB and  cover the software component. But  not able to cover the software component SAP_BS_FOUNDATION701.

Our solution manager is at 7.1 sp8

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

VN

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

VN, without seeing LMDB I can't help you. Believe me,  I am far from a SOLMAN expert.  All I can tell you is that on my system SAP_BS_FOUNDATION is under the product instance Finbasis. 

You might have to open a ticket with SAP, my experience is that is this arena the response time is decent.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I also  found SAP_BS_FOUNDATION also under SEM with the product version EHP4 for SAP  ERP 6.0 NW 7/01, but my SEM is 604. 

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP_BS_FOUNDATION701 belongs to EHP4 for SAP SEM 6.0.

You will get verification check errors in the LMDB if you add that product instance, but it will solve the problem in Maintenance Optimizer.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary  , Miguel

Thanks a lot for the inputs.  I got  reply from SAP. Same as what Miguel has suggested. I had tried that before  but since the verification check was failing  i was  worried . But now SAP  says its ok.

In my case  the SEM-BW and FINBASIS  is in 600 release. So I had to add both  SAP SEM 6.0 to cover  SEM-BW 600 ,FINBASIS 600 and  EHP4 for SAP SEM 6.0 for covering the  SAP_BS_FOUNDATION 701 component .  Though the verification check fails I am able to proceed with MOPZ.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

VN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

On 7.1 everything is supposed to be fully automatic ( ! )

You can still modify some info through SMSY but all should be perfomed through LMDB (getting it's info from SLD).

I fully agree with you, solman is of no help. It is just making things more complex.

I'm also working on a BW upgrade and I'm stuck... at the solman step, not being able to generate the stack file because of inconsistencies in the LMDB config.

It's a nightmare !

These links might be useful:

Godd luck.

http://scn.sap.com/people/ping.tong/blog/2011/01/06/how-to-configure-product-system-and-technical-sy...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape