Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP:1.023 SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED error while calling a webservice. To give you a background, we are using a webservice provided by webmethod team. WSDL given by them was consumed in SAP to be used within a program through a method call.

Now the problem is, when we run the program (which calls the webservice) in foreground, it works. But when we submit the program to be run as background job, we get following error for all the request made:

SOAP:1.023
SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when
receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")

The BASIS team says that all the configurations are in place. I tried searching in forum but couldn't find any discussion which relates to  ICM problem in background job.

Our system is running on Netweaver 702.

Please help!

Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies!!!

We have identified the issue. The issue was that we had 2 instances of server for load balancing. One of the instance which was configured for background job was not configured in the firewall settings of the target system due to which system was not able to establish the connection

Closing the post....

Regards,

Bhaskar

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

This problem sounds like an authorizations issue to me.

Are you sure the user you are using to run the application in the foreground is either the same user or has the same authorizations as the user you are using to run the application in the background ? Check your authorizations.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

which webservice you are calling ? It would be great if you can provide the ICM trace for detailed error analysis.

Regards,

Sachin