cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Deleted by User - how to view log or history ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

An Expense Report for an employee was deleted by some user who had access to PR05. The corresponding Travel Request was also deleted. I cannot find the trip anywhere stored in the system. The trip's history / log seems to be completely wiped out. Is there a way to trace on who deleted this and when ?

I went into table PTRV_HEAD and searched but no luck.

Thanks,

Ram Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

a travel request and a travel expense sheet are technically the same, they are one trip, they share the same table objects, table entries etc. The trip's history is, like everything else except for the travel plan if there is any, deleted as well because it is stored within the trip itself (PCL1-TE Cluster).

You have a chance to trace down who deleted the trip, but only if either the table pcl1 or the table ptrv_head have their changelogs enabled. You can check this is in SE13. If it has been enabled, you can look in the tables DBTABPRT and DBTABLOG which hold the change logs; if it has not been enabled, you cannot trace who changed the table.

I highly reccomend inspecting your authority/permission concept and activating table logs for critical data. In our environment, for example, a trip that has been sent for approval, has been approved or has been settled, cannot be deleted by hand anymore because nobody has the permission.

The only way to recover such data, by the way, is a complete database-rollback (check with your basis team).

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Lucas. Unfortunately, we do not have chanelogs turned on. So, I guess it is impossible to trace now.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Monika_
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the meantime a log-functionality for trips has been implemented. SAP Note: 1876453.

Regards,

Monika

0 Kudos

Dear all, Though it is old post, I just thought to respond for the benefit of others. Table PTRV_CHANGE can be used to get the details of changed log for deleted travel request. Regards, Mihir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

no not in Travel Management. This trip is gone completely and no history data stored on the data base.

Only chance to ask system admin about the system user traces. And here it depends if your user admin has switched these kind of information on.

Good luck - at the end just create new what you are missing.

Cheers,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, Siegfried. I will ask the user to file another Expense