cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate special price for first few items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP SD. Could you anybody help me in below requirement?

My company wants to sell first 100 items for a special price ($2500/item), and want to limit one item to one customer. Once it is reached 100 items, it will be $3500/item. At this price, there is no limitation.. customers can buy as many as they  want.

How to set up this to pick the correct prices automatically.

Any help regarding this is appreciated

Thanks

SiriKK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri ,

In this case, you have to create 2 condition type.

1st is Base Price. Here maintain condition record as 3500$

2nd is Discount. Here you maintain 1000$ (Enable Condition Update field in the condition type and maintain the condition record as mentioned by Ashish.Maintain maximum cond value as 100.

So till the 100 qty is reached, system will provide discount of 1000$. so your net value is 2500$(3500-1000)

after 100 qty, discount condition type will be deactivated. so net price is 3500$

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu and Ashish,

Great!!!

I did set up like you mentioned, it is working as expected.

Thank you very much for your responses and help!!

Regards

Siri.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri ,

Just adding to my earlier comment, please keep in mind that once you changed the the scale type, it is applicable for the entire condition type. Most of the business process, they use descending for the base price. If you want to have the flexibility, then make the scale type BLANK.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu and Ashish,

Thanks much for your responses. It is really useful.

Right now I am not worrying about setting one item per one customer. I will take care later this part.

For  the other part of requirement (The price is $2500 for first 100 units, and then it is $3500).

I did the configuration as you both mentioned.

I created one order with 25 units - System took $2500 and calculated correctly.

Created second order with 75 units - System took $2500 and calculated price correctly.

Now we completed 100 units.  The next order with any quantity should take $3500/unit. But unfortunately it is not happening. System is considering $2500 and calculating the price.

I think I missed the setting to capture accumulated quantity. Can you please help me how to capture accumulated quantity?

Thanks for your help

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos
Dear Siri That's what I describe in condition update like you have said that your requirement is for only one time. Go for the condition update.   Thanking you! Ashish Mishra
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siri

if your business requirement is like that every time you will give this special price upto certain quantity when customer places order, then you have to go for  Scales, in this case no need for condition update

As said by Vinu.

Activate Scales  in V/06 in ascending value

Now maintain condition record, in VK11 after giving details click on scales(F2)

Try this, this will be applicable on each time customer places order.

And one material to only one customer you can handle easily through VD51.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siri KK

For one item to one customer only, use VD51 i.e. Customer Material info. This will work

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siri KK

This you can achieve with condition update feature.

Go to V/06 And please check the condition update feature in your condition type under Master Data

Now when you will create condition record with this feature enabled, In VK11 after entering material and all click on Addition Data(F7) and here you will get Limits for pricing and use here Maximum Condition Base Value:

This will resolve your issue.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your quick response.

Could you please elaborate your solution?

Do I need to create two pricing condition types one for $2500 (for first 100 items) and another one for $3500?

Also how to limit the customers to buy only one item until it reached 100 items sold.

As you mentioned, in my first condition type, I marked condition update in (v/06).

And while creating condition record thru VK11, I selected CoCode/material key and enter the price $2500. In additional data, I keyed 100 in Max.Cond.base value.

While creating sales order, the system is not giving error when I entered order quantity more than 1.

Thanks

Siri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siri

For this you don't need to make two condition types only one will do.

how to limit the customers to buy only one item(** Not different Material)  until it reached 100 items sold, if you want to put check on this, it can't be achieved through, you have to write a code

FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE  in MV45AFZZ with your ABAPer.

As you said that in Max.Cond.base value you have provided 100, then how can it stop you when you will enter during sale order quantity 1 or 2. if you have maintained condition record properly.Give Max Condition Value 2500 and Max Condition Base value as 100. then for first 100 it will take 2500 and after reaching this goal you have to change the VK11 because after reaching the goal it will stop there.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Message was edited by: Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri ,

Maintain the scale type as ascending in the condition type (V/06). Then maintain the scale. it should work.

Please clarify the below

1) Is the quantity 100 or more will be entered in the sales order or

2)  system should accumulate order quantity and give the price based on it. If it exceeds 100 units, price should be 3500$. Till then 2500$.

If the answer is 2, i think you have to consider the rebate process.

Regards

Vinu.N

regards

Vinu