SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deriving Grant through Customer number KUNNR

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a scenario in Grants Management where i want to derive grant through Customer number . i-e i want to set target field as

GL Account  +  Customer Number = Grant    +  Fund    +   Fund Center   +  Sponsored Class  +  Sponsored Program

This requirement has been raised from client for deriving grant budget student wise. Can customer number be set as source field ? I do not want to use IO field for it because in that we will have to open around 2000 IO for students entitled for grant ..

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

There is a sponsor number in GMDERIVE source fields but no customer number. Sponsor is a specific business partner role. So you can connect the customer to the business partner (in the sponsor role). In general however I am not sure the business process will work unless you use the internal order. Please note that SAP provides GM - Grantor for situations where the customer organization needs to make grants for example to students. Use of GM - Grantee for this situation is not an appropriate use of the module.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

There is a sponsor number in GMDERIVE source fields but no customer number. Sponsor is a specific business partner role. So you can connect the customer to the business partner (in the sponsor role). In general however I am not sure the business process will work unless you use the internal order. Please note that SAP provides GM - Grantor for situations where the customer organization needs to make grants for example to students. Use of GM - Grantee for this situation is not an appropriate use of the module.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

In my case Grantor are external bodies who are providing funds and customers have been opened for them using master data synchronization but students are you can say account assignment(like we have cost center/IO in FM ) through which Grant should be derived. actually when a Grantor commits and provide funds to support say 25 students of particular course for a year then it mean that Grant created against that should be linked to students posting i-e Grant budget 10 Million was posted for a sponsored class Scholarship expenses & sponsored program XYZ .Student A is entitled for this Grant, fee due was 1 Million but he can only pay 0.4 Million. Now entry will go like

Advance receipt of fee

Bank  0.4 Million

Student Account(customer)   Cr 0.4 Million

Revenue recognition

Scholarship expense Dr 0.6 Million (against this we want Grant and assignment like Sponsored class,Sponsored program , fund center, funds to be derived automatically, customer reference will be at header level in FB70 )

Student Account Dr 0.4 Million

Fee Revenue 1 Million Credit

In GM-GTE don't we have any BADI like BADI_FMDERIVE we have in FM-BCS which enable us to derive fund center through purchasing groups? Please guide me as it is very important for us to do this. Opening thousands of IO numbers for student ids is not a viable option .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

GMDERIVE has an option of using enhancement. In SMOD, please look into the possibility of using SAPLGMDT function module EXIT_SAPLGMDT_002. If your users can fill the assignment field with the student account#, deriving GM account assignment maybe able to accomplished.

Regards,

Ming 

0 Kudos

Atif,

In the example you gave only the the Financial Aid Expense needs to be against the grant. Following your structure where the Grantor is the financial aid provider you only need one internal order/ grant for the sponsor. Then your financial aid entry will be:

Dr. Financial Aid Expense (I/O for Grant X) $0.6M

Cr. Student Customer $0.6M (by customer account)

(Provides details of student recipient by drill-down also assigns grant to customer )

Separately you can book the entry

Dr. Student Customer (by customer account) $1.0M

Cr. Fee Revenue $1.0M

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Thank you for your response, the solution you have suggested is already on my mind, i want to create derivation rule student number(customer number wise), i-e grant 800080 is to be given to 20 MBA (sponsored program) students against Scholarship expenses (sponsored class). Now i want to set a derivation rule in system which should enable us to attach these 20 student IDs and Scholarship expense GL with Grant 800080,sponsored program MBA and Sponsored class Scholarship expenses.By doing so whenever there will be an entry against student in FB70 which will debit student receivable balance (partial amount due from him) along with scholarship expense and credit revenue account with full amount, grant and other assignment will be derived automatically . We do not want first entry you have indicated since client recognizes his revenue in full.

In this way there will no manual intervention and student will be linked to grant and grant will be automatically derived as per derivation rules set with respect to student roll number or customer ID. I think it should be possible in GM since in FM we also derive fund center from purchasing group field in PO/PR screens . Please guide me with solution to above scenario.

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks Minghong i will check it with ABAPER and will let you know.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

I would not recommend attaching the Student ID to the Grant. This is because potentially a student can receive funding from multiple grants.

Instead the user should enter an internal order on the expense line in FB70 to derive the SP. Program MBA and Grant 800080. The Sp. Class Scholarship Expenses will be derived from the Expense GL Account.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hmmm i discussed with my client and they said a student can have multiple sponsors . Good thoughts from you. However i have developed an FI validation in GGB0 to control wrong Grant consumption for students not attached to them and this seems working for me . Thanks