Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translateble Long text in a Popup

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I tried to show a long text in a popup i done it by hardcoding. but i have to traslate it based on log on language. I already done translations for short text, but i tried a lot with changing the Long text by creating a message class in SE91 and translationg it in SE63. I struggled to show the text in a popup.

Kindly suggest me to proceed with feasible way for showing the translateble long text in popup.

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In Web Dynpro ABAP, you can provide translations for texts using the Online Text Repository (OTR). I don't believe it's possible to integrate  a message class with OTR, but you could create your messages and long texts in OTR instead of in the message class.

See the document

Cheers,

Amy

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy

Thank you for the response my requirement is to translate Long text. i already referred the document sent by you. It is only for short text translation of lenght below 255 characters. My requirement is to show a message in popup which is long text of around 600 characters. thats why i tried using message class and i succeded but i amazed how i done it. the problem i m faing is not formatted and i dont know i how i translated ie. under which sub category of SE63 transaction.

Kindly guide me to slove this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In OTR, short texts have a limit of 255 characters, but you can also select the "Long Text" radiobutton to create a long text of any length.

If you prefer SE63 translations. You can translate message class long texts via...

1. Navigate to SE63 > Translation > ABAP Objects > Long Text (Documentation) > L5 F1 Help > NA Messages
  2. Enter the message class and message number in the Object Name field like CCNNN where CC is the message class and NNN is the message number, e.g., 00398.
  3. Click the Edit button.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AMY

You are right i done it. actually i forgot the Sub-Object node L5. I found out it and done the changes. It worked for me.

But how can we create Long text in SOTR_EDIT transaction? because when we choose the Long text radio button the create button is deactivated.

Thank You

Regards

Arun.K.P

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you enter the following into transaction SOTR_EDIT, what do you see?

If the Create button is disabled, maybe there is an authorization you're missing. The transaction requires authorization object S_OTR_ACTV, and you'll need activities for create, change, display.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create text object and text id in transaction SE75. Have program and transaction to maintain the long text, read it and delete it....simmilar to table maintenance program for table.

You need to use READ_TEXT, CREATE_TEXT etc FM.

This backend transaction will help you to create long text, edit or delete it as per user requirment. Now read the long text into WD application and bind it to text view UI element.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra

Could you be please elloborate on your idea.. i created a message class and i m not able to find it in se63. Could you guide me in finding that?

Regards

Arun.K.P