cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update concept!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented my MDM system landscape (MDM Server with two client systems (CRM and other one).

I have implemented the way to eliminate redundant and inconsistent data in MDM data manager and the other tools (Import maps, Syndication maps, Console etc...)

Imagine that my two systems create data everyday. It means that I have to process those two systems data everyday before syndicating.

I have read that the import and Export processes can be done each time that I want, using batch. It’s a fact that I can use the strategies, the rules and all the mechanism that I have implemented in the data manager to make the unification of the data but I still have to sit down and launch manually those steps in the Data Manager in order to merge duplicated data. Imagine that I have 5000 (as an example) of records to process daily? How do I have to proceed?

From that point of view I am asking me about the concept of the MDM. This implementation has be done to perform work periodically (every one week, every three days)?

It’s a little complex for me to understand the best way to use MDM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan ,

I guess your question is abt merging the data manually , say 5000 every day .

For the merging strategy , there is scoring model defined in MDM . Say if the nae of some vendors matches , it will get a score . the same goes for city , VAT no , etc etc .

After the scoring is done , you can create groups based on these scoring conditions .

Also , You can have auto-merging for those records who have very high score . Like some records have match of every filed you defined for scoring .

Hope I not made it complex and help you a little ,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I auto-merge the records which have High score according to the strategy ?

If I can do that , that means that MDM can automatically processes data and there´s no need to check manually record by record when the score result is high according to a strategy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely , But we did this by Java API , so it automatically merges records with very high matching .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you please send a main logic to make this process automated on ronnie.gajjar@gmail.com?? It will be great help if you can send detail on this.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Answers (0)