Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch search help in deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD's,

I have below requirement during delivery creation

When user tries to select batches manually (using F4), standard SAP input batch help will show batches along with unrestricted quantity only. Sometimes it happens a delivery has allocated the stock of  batch X. Now when user tries to create another delivery and use batch help it still shows the batch X and qty in unrestricted even though the available quantity is 0. I agree SAP will not allow to select the batch and gives a message saying 0 qty is available.

But i need a search help which can show Available qty as in my case there could be 50-60 batches for a particular material and will consume considerable time for the business.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Note:- I can solve this through Automatic batch determination but need inputs during manual batch searh.

Thanks

Rama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

when you press F4 system display required batches ,  when press the F4 ,you select the  batchs for valuation type , here you enter the material and plant , then it will come particular valuation type related batch author wise check below process:

you process MTO process try this

at delivery level select line item  click on batch split icon - next batch determination- then at menu bar batch determination - with out classification - then it sows batches and quantity

pl try this         

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pressing F4 on the batch field in delivery will not help as this does not show the available quantity. If the batch is selected manual means, the user knows the available batches + its quantities. If the user does not know from which batch the quantity has to be picked, then hightlight the line item and further click on the batch split and then batch determination at the bottom. This will lead to next screen, where in the system display batches with available quantities from which user can pick it.

Regards,