cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Directory for Solution Manager upgrade to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am upgrading Solution Manager from 7.01 to 7.1. I have kept all the files downloaded as per stack.xml in download directory. Still in Extraction phase it is asking for mount points to the upgrade DVDs. As per note 1462137, I have added following files:

SOLMAN 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for DBINDEP

SOLMAN 7.1 UM_USER_ENV for <your_database>

Though it has passed through , but intermittently it's asking for upgrade DVD mount phase in the nest phases.

Please let me know whether I have to download any other files from SMP like exports (18 files), SL Controller (2 files) also in addition to stack.xml downloaded files. Please suggest what more files to be downloaded and keep in download directory?

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting any error?

the 2 files are master Upgrade DVDs, they are perfect, hope you get stack xml from MOPZ, now You need to mount these those DVD files locally to your host and also Kernal files, (like dump/upgrade/51040869_16/NW_Kernel_7.20_Linux/DATA_UNITS), then give the mount point path in SUM,

pls refer the recent discussion regarding te same

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3171388

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jansi,

Thanks for your helpful reply!!

yes, I got MOPZ stack.xml file and have mounted the above files in download directory itself. As per mentioned link, do I also need to download SL Controller as stack.xml already contains the same and I have kept corresponding fil in download directory .

Your suggestion to this issue will be appreciated.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already mentioned the link, it clearly given clue for you.

The kernal DVD itself has all the needed files including sl controller. just proceed.

Please do update.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if this is not in the kernal dvd, system asks for insert another kernal dvd, this time you can download the sl controller dvd from smp.. this should be the same dvd number with the next sequence number appended.

but we normally download all the master dvds.. please check ..

Thanks

Jannsi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to provide the SL controller 700 and SL controller 720 also. I assume it is not present in the

kernel DVD. You can check the contene tof the kernel DVD downloaded. If not please provide them also as done with the UM_USR_ENV DVDs.

If you still have the issue, please attach the CDTRACE.TRC from the ../abap/trc/ and MIDService.log from the ../sdt/log/ directory.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all !!

The phase has gone through after giving path of new downlaod kernel DVD path.

Regards,

Nilutpal.