Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleansing of existing WM setup

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My client already have implemented WM. As the users in the warehouse are not capable of doing SAP WM activities, they are not using it. Now they want to make use of it with barcode and scanner with a z program. Location and bin information are captured in an excel sheet and z program finds the location of the bin and moves to the target specified in the excel sheet. This is one part.

My concern is once the new setup is ready i will have to move all the stock from the old bins to the new bins in a single shot. Moreover data in the current system is junk (like too many unconfirmed TO's, there are much more stocks lying 9** storage types)

1. what is the right approach in this case?

2. What are the problem would i be facing in  this case?

could some one please throw some light on it.

Would appreciate your ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sham.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sham ,

Clear all unconfirmed transfer requirement &  transfer orders, negative quants.

Move all  stocks from 9** to respective bins .

Create an LSMW to perform Bin to bin transfer from old bins to new bins , if you are  going to create new bins in SAP  .

If you don't want to use WM , all stocks from WM managed storage location to non WM managed storage locations and let Z program take of WM steps , maintenance of bins and its stocks.

let me know incase of any query's.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

Thank you very much for your input.

The problem is, I cannot clear these TR's individual basis because the source bins are not correct, that is why the TO's are not created in back ground program RLAUTO**.

Is there any simple thumb rule to clear these quants. Kindly advise.

Thanks again.

Sham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sham ,

Run warehouse activity monitor LL01 and complete all the open TR's in background.

Try same and let me know .

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

Thank you very much. I have cleared most of the transactions. But there are still some negative quants left. Is there any way to wipe out all these negative quants.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sham ,

Identify positive quants in system and merge it to negative using LT10, this will clear your discrepancy.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Sham.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I dont know why nobody is replying. Just thow some light on it please.

Regards,

Sham.

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

anybody?