cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a retun order create a requirement in ATP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a sales order, the system suggest me to split the delivery because of the ATP. But there are enough stock for this delivery.

Then I checked the ATP,find that a return order which had been posted affect the supply and requirement. however, other materials in the same return order don't have this issue. I have no idea about why this return requirement be created.

I use DN schedule line type and KSL requirement type and didn't change the 30 class.

I think set the flag of "requirements transfer" is ok in return order.

As I know,when a return order created, supply is added, when it posted,stock is added. But in this case, a minus amout displayed in the list even through it has been posted.

The thing I could not understand is that why this material triggers a

requirement but other materials in the same return order with the same

requirement type don't.

please see ATP analysis in screen shot below.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne ,

Return Order will not trigger requirement. schedule line category DN should not trigger requirement as you are bringing the material into the stock using returns process.

Uncheck "Transfer of Requirement" in DN.Moreover Requirement Type should be BLANK in the return sales order. Check why KSL requirement type is triggering in you case. check the setting of requirement type determination.

Vinu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

As Vinu said, Return Order shouldn't trigger requirement. So, please check if the transfer of req is unchecked in DN

Secondly, regarding Requirement type determination. Requirement type is determined based on 1)Planning Strategy in the Material master.2) Item category and MRP type.

So, in your case the reason for one particular material to have Requirements triggered could be difference in planning strategy in material master .

Else, difference in MRP type of the material or Item category determined in Sales Order. Which in turn lead to determination of requirement type KSL for this particular material.

Please check if the above points are useful.

Thanks

Dhilipan

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Delivery split might be Due to Different Transportaion group that is Entered in the Material master

Please compare the Materials Transaportation group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The split has no matter with the transportation group here. It is just related to the ATP. Because of the requirement trigged by the return order reduce the supply, there is not enough supply to fullfill the schedule line requirement in the system ATP logic.