cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project not created on saving portfolio Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying the option of automatic creation of PS Project or cProjects Project on saving a portfolio Item but no projects are getting created. I have mapped the Item template with the cProjects templates as well as with PS Project and those are appearing in the Item details page while creating a new item.

Please help.

regards,

Soumen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Make the settings NOTE 1411953.

Regards,

Karmadon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soumen,

I am not sure if you have solved the problem. Wish you have.

Otherwise, solution is to maintain DFM settings in config option...

SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Common Functions > Decision Flow Management Settings > Maintain Objects for Synchronization

Entry to be maintained....

Common Functions

Portfolio Item (Portfolio Management)

Project Definition (Project Management)

False

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenuvas,

I had the same issue mentioned in this thread, your solution is correct fix! my issue resolved.

but i am sorry i could not give point to you in this thread since it is not created by me.

best regards

yasar

0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Which version of PPM are you using ? Is it PPM 4.5 or PPM 5.0

If you are using PPM 4.5, then there is a checkbox which enables creation of the cproject on creating the item. We have defaulted that to Yes and thus a project is created by default on creating an item.

This is of course after all the config settings have been done which you mentioned has already been done.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

I think you are trying, when an item is created at the same time a cProject and PS are created,

I don't know if you have maintained all settings , for the automatic cProject creation :you need to maintain the settings : item type to project or PS ( or item template to Project template or PS Project)

Also you need flag in the item 'create project on saving' ( you can flag this by default and hide it in the master switches).

For the creation os the PS project you need maintain more settings, try before to create the cProject and check if the PS project is already created.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the reply. I have maintained all the configuration. That's why at the time of creation of any item, cProjects template is available in the field 'Project Management Template' of the the Item details screen. I have even checked the flag of 'Create Project on saving'.

Please let me know what else I can check for this.

regards,

Soumen

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should flag "default" or if not you have to select cproject templare when you create the item.

Regarsd, Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the reply. But, I am selecting the cProject template appearing in the drop-down while creating a new Item but sorry to say, no outcome. cProject is not getting created.

regards,

Soumen

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Soumen,

Really I don't know where is the problem. Could you check if you have any mandatory field in cProject that you are not entering when you create the project from the item?

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Just to check few things apart from above mentioned things which affects automatic creation of cProjects project from Item;

try creating cProjects project from item, please delete all config done for PS project auto creation just to check.

Check that you have unchecked "NoAutoPro" field in define port. item type config step.

Select WBS element in field "WBS/network activity" field in same config step.

Check config step "Check Global Settings" for area 0009, whether std config is available from 000 client or not.

I am sure in above steps, somewhere you will find issue. Please update back with result.

Pramod