cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected Event extractor to pass InfoParameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are generally passing the info parameters to EM from the InfoParameters function module.

But we are extracting some information (with complicated logic) in the Expected Event function module.

and same data needs to be parameters . So we are passing info parameters data from the expected event function module  using the below structure.

We have tested this extensively and it is working.

Since SAP has provided the option to pass Infoparameters from the Expected Event function module, I assume it is ok .

*"      E_INFODATA STRUCTURE  /SAPTRX/INFO_DATA OPTIONAL

Experts, Kindly advice if  there is any issue with this approach ?

thanks,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

can you just explain a little bit more what you are doing?

So what I understand you have wrote an own Expected Event function (so nut using the standard activity EVM_EE_UPDATE) to update your Expected Events and then you fill the table structure E_INFODATA correct?

What are you doing next? Are you calling the standard function PARAMETER_CHANGE for updating the parameters? Or do you something else?

Regards

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berthhold,

Thank you for responding.

Expected Event function module is in the source system (ECC) and is written using the standard API given by SAP (IN SPRO - it is configured the Expected Event Extractor in ecc - Event Management Interface) . This data is sent to EM .

Similarly we also have a InfoParameters Extractor in ECC configured to sent info parameters from ECC to EM.

Both are  posted in using standard EM SAP activities.

The only difference is that we are passing a few info parameters data from the expected event function module  since data was available there and SAP had provided a container in the API from ECC to pass infoparameter in the Expected Event extractor.

thanks.

Lakshmi

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

ok now I understand your point.

From what I know this is no problem to add the data on ECC side to the structure E_INFODATA. You can add also your data there. Just make sure to fill the necessary fields like Application System, Application Object Type, Application Object etc.

Regards

Berthold

Answers (0)