cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP.NETMVC + MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am wondering if anyone has done any work utilizing ASP.NET MVC for the UI while leveriging MII for the integration and data manipulation.

What about running IIS on same server as NW/MII (NW 7.3, MII 12.2)???

Please share your experiences or thoughts around this.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Ok, let me start off by saying that I'm not a .NET developer but I have experience with Silverlight, C# .NET, and Visual Basic.  If this is similar to the vanilla C# or VB web runtime environments then you will have to have your web page hosted on an IIS server as additional server-side libraries are required.  However, if it's a satnd-alone/compiled application like Silverlight usually is, then you can host the page directly in the MII environment and interact with your MII content for data as well (IIS is not required).  One nice thing that I noticed on the roadmap site (http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Roadmap) was that there are libraries for OData support and this is also built into the SAP MII 14.0 environment to complement the existing XML interface; both ATOM and JSON formats are supported via the OData service.

To your question about running IIS on the same box as NetWeaver this shouldn't be a big deal but you have to manage the HTTP(S) ports properly so that they don't conflict.  By default the SAP Port numbers aren't even close to the IIS ports, but it's still something to keep in mind in addition to the typical issues of application logging, security (cross-domain policy), and available resources.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam -- that is gerat info. As always, appreciate the help!

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a heads up that while technically it is possible to run both Netweaver and IIS on the same server, there could be support contract requirements/issues that arise from doing this so I recommend clearing it with your software vendors first.