cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAP PI, does content based routing work ( in RD) for a xpath to a line level field which is repeated in the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

My query is -

While configuring dynamic configuration using content based routing in Receiver Determination, if I set the xapth to a line level field which is repeated multiple times in the message with different values work?

Actually there is a incoming message Orders  cXML message from a file adapter . There is a header and line level details for this order msg where multiple line items are possible in the same order msg . Now the routing condition is if the element orders../orderslineitem/Product = 00 then send it to system A else if orders../orderslineitem/Product = 01 then send it to system B.

Please note that there can be multiple line items in the Orders message with some line items with Product =00 and some with Product = 01.

What I need to know  is that is it  possible to use content based routing in such a case as I have always used it with header level fields which occurs ONCE in a message?

PS- we have separate Interface Determination (ID) objects  configured for each system A and B and separate OM's is also defined

I saw one recording on SDN where they used it like this (screen shot attached) but I don't understand that if technically it should work.Please share thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>What I need to know  is that is it  possible to use content based routing in such a case as I have always used it with header level fields which occurs ONCE in a message?

yes it's possible of course to use it on the line level too, 

you can also try with EX condition as per blog from Shabarish Vijayakumar

http://scn.sap.com/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-rece...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys please explain the above query