Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.01 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wander about installation of BI 7.01.

I know that under windows/MS SQL when I had to install BI 7.0 I used general option and then choosed usage types.

However when trying to install it now on HP-UX / Oracle (NW 7.01) I have to choose(as on 7.3) one option

SAP Process Integration

SAP Mobile Infrastructure

SAP Application Server ABAP

SAP Application Server Java

Standalone Engines

Optional Standalone Units

Software lifcycle options

Is there a diffference between 7,xx BI installation on unix and windows?

Thank you

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

To be honest I am aware of all you wrote. In installation documentation for NW702 I do not find BI coverage.

So I assume it is like in NW7.3 ABAP instance should be first and then JAVA instance should be installed separately.

Then an integration wizzard should be ran (please could you explain it and send me link for integration if available)

Kindest regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes absolutely. Installation media is dependent on OS and Database. So first step is to download the installation guides, master guides, media list relevent to you OS-DB combination and then based on that you need to download media and installation tool.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a diffference between 7,xx BI installation on unix and windows?

Absolutely.

7.01 is different than 7.3

Windows is different than unix

SQL Server is different than Oracle

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly download the respective Master guide and Installation guide with reference to your OS and DB.

Which will walk you through the components to be installated and selected and what are the pre-requisite.

The first step in any type of Installation is downloding the respective guide from Service Market Place.

Thanks

Ahamed