cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC Sales order line items with multiple plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I request your support and valuable inputs on below scenario.

We have a scenario where the customer place the order with sales orgn. SG01 (Singapore) to supply the 3 different items. However the plants belonged to the SG01 sales org. can not supply all the 3 items and the sales order has been created as below.

Item #     Material     QTY     Plant

10          Mat-001     10          SG02 (Plant belongs to SG01 sales org.)

20          Mat-002     10          PH01 (IC Plant. Plant belongs to different sales org.)

30          Mat-003     10          TH01 (IC Plant. Plant belongs to different sales org.)

In the above scenario, line item 10 will be supplied by the SG02 plant which belongs to SG01 selling sales orgn. The remaining two line items (20 and 30) will be supplied by two different intercompany plants (Different countries) directly to the customer in Singapore.

Question:

How can we treat the above sales order? export order or domestic order?. When the goods shipped from non singapore plants, that will become as export shipment for the supplying plant. However, in the above scenario, th order is partially is being shipped by SG plant and hence, not sure if we can treat this as a export order or domestic order.

Apart from this, I am using Alternative sales doc. type1 (Config. in VOV8) to apply the right sales document type based on ship to party country. we have enhancement in the system to determine whether order is export or domestic based on the ship to country.For the above scenario, How i can apply the check to determine the right document type based on Ship to country and plant country?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Krish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Interesting question and discussion but I think it kind of misses the point. There is no such thing as a correct sales document type for domestic or export sales. In standard it is all document type OR. Your ship-to party is in Singapore if I understand correctly. This means that item 10 from SG plant will be "domestic" (GST will be charged for example). Items 20 and 30 for plants that are not SG will be "export" (no GST charged here). There is no other difference in the sales order.

As Vinu states, the difference between domestic and export starts with the delivery and with the creation of a foreign trade data document based on the difference between shipping plant country and ship-to party country in the delivery. Here you will get a split into 3 separate deliveries because the goods are being delivered from 3 different countries. Your billing will also be split into 3 separate documents for the same reason that you cannot combine the foreign trade data document for the billing document when the shipping countries are different.

If you have designed the system to have a different order type for domestic and export sales, then you should split the items into the appropriate order types manually, as suggested. If you want just one billing invoice to the customer you'll have to do an STO from the non-SG plants to the SG plant first and ship all the items from there.

I realize this is a very old thread and probably solved long ago, but it was left as unanswered...

Regards.

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Suggestion would be to create 2 separate orders - one with SG01 plant which would be your domestic and the second with the other 2 plants. Since this involves plants from other countries, this cannot be treated as domestic.

In anycase you would be having 3 deliveries(3 different plants with 3 different shipping points) even if it is created as a single order and combining 3 deliveries will not happen if you foriegn trade schema activated.

So its better you create them as separate orders and process the same so that it doesnt affect your existing business process.

Hope it helps.

-Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for your response. I agree with you that even I create one sales order with different delivery plants, I need to create 3 different deliveries for the sales order. But the issue is I can not duplicate the customer PO number, since the customer placed the order 3 items in one single PO.

Looking forward for solution.

Thanks,

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krish,

I see no other option than creating 2 separate sales orders and to resolve the duplicate PO number issue, the only workaround would be to make the "Check PO" message as a warning.

If the duplicate Po is to be strictly adhered to then it would be better to identify a different field to store/save the customer PO number.

Regards

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna ,

Export process or domestic can be decided based on the ship to party country and the supplying plant.

Export process or Domestic is more applicable at the delivery document level. We cannot conclude a sales order as an export or import because you can have multiple ship to parties in the sales order whereas in the delivery document you have only one ship to party.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As per my understanding in one sales order you can not enter any plant which is assigned with different sales organization.

As you know one sales organization may have multiple plant so first you need to assign plant with the respective sales organization.

OR

As per you requirement first you need to run STO process where you can easily avail your desired items from respective plant(PH01,TH01) , then issue it from SG02.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reponse. In intercompany scenario, it is still possible to assign the plants owned by other company codes/sales org. after IC relevant configuration. As such, it is still a possible scenario.

Thanks,

Krish.