Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccBPM questions

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i wanted to mitigate some particular doubt i have regading to ccBPM in PI 7.11

• User desicion step: is there any SAP recommendation regarding the use if this step (performance,warning, etc), my doubt is because the availability of this step breaks the objective of ccBPM (system-centric)? --> any link/documentation?

• BPE: lets assume a ccBPM that take about 3 hours to execute how does the engine acts? persist the process in memory and consuming work item so in the worst all  work item will be taken or buffer the workflow (hibernate) ar DB without consuming resourcing of the server and wake it up when an event occurs for example the spected messege reachs? --> doc/link?

•   Parallelization of process execution: When is recommended to set it up,for ccBPM where correlation of message is not needed? where it must be configurated SWF_INB_CONF?

• its not clear for me the concept of TRANSACTION BOUNDARIES, can anyone explain it with his own words?:

"You can specify for a block whether the block start or block end form transaction

boundaries:

• You can specify for the block start that the system starts a new transaction.

• For the block end you can specify that the system ends the currently started

transaction (COMMIT WORK). The system ends the transaction open at the current time, regardless of where it was started. If, for example, no new

• Transaction Handling:

"A transaction is a sequence of processing steps that is either executed completely

or not at all. If a transaction cannot be executed completely, the system undoes

all processing steps within the transaction. This means that the condition before

the start of the transaction is restored."

is it  traying to explain that if a IP fails at any step, the IP ROLLS BACK all the previous operation performed before the error? What about when the IP creates a flat file or perform a create/ update operation in a DB, etc??

Best Regards.

Rodrigo Pertierra

transaction was started at the start of the block, the last started transaction before this is continued.

With suitable settings for the start and end of a block you can expand the scope of transactions. This reduces the number of write accesses to the database, enabling you to improve performance."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)User desicion step: is there any SAP recommendation regarding the use if this step (performance,warning, etc), my doubt is because the availability of this step breaks the objective of ccBPM (system-centric)? --> any link/documentation?

MyView: I do not recommend to use this step extensively main reason is performance but we used in 4 scenarios long back but never experience any major perfromance issues.

If your implementation project has more bpm interfaces then use this step carefully,if possible try to avoid it.

BPE: lets assume a ccBPM that take about 3 hours to execute how does the engine acts? persist the process in memory and consuming work item so in the worst all  work item will be taken or buffer the workflow (hibernate) ar DB without consuming resourcing of the server and wake it up when an event occurs for example the spected messege reachs? --> doc/link?

My View: The BPM process status always active and it consumes resources(work item) so avoind using time interval if you have more BPM interfaces ,keeping ccBPM process alive for long time not recommended.

Parallelization of process execution: When is recommended to set it up,for ccBPM where correlation of message is not needed? where it must be configurated SWF_INB_CONF?

My View:

Parllen process works really well and you can see major performance imporvement but using same for all BPM interfaces not recommended,use it where really parllel process required like where you deal time specific interfaces.

Disadvatcge with this parllel processing is it consumes more resources , it may effect other BPM process but never experienced.

Transaction Handling:

I dont think it rolls back but if you use this in block step then you can restart failed BPM process from block.

Trasaction handling alowa to create new trasaction for particular step but i dont recomend to use this behaviour.

so i would not give guarantee   about accuracy on my views .

Regards,

Raj

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

Thanks a lot for your aswers, your aswers are good news because are the spected.

the only one that still makes me noise is the BPE questions. i dont remember where by i read/heard about this as a new feature of ccBPM.

If a process instances take so long to execute, the engine send it to the DB to Hibernation and release the resources it was consuming. by this way avoid same  the performances issues that the XI 3.0 had.

I think something like this should happend but the user desicion step is impossible to implements because the user could take hours and in the worst case a day to execute the task.

do you have any source to validate about it.

Best Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is true that some performance issues was there with xi 3.0 BPM if you use extensively and some negatuvism also spread withing SCN community about ccBPM.

Beleive me, i used BPM extensively and designed very complex interfaces and high volume but never experienced any perfronance issues.

it is completely depending on how you deisgn your interface and it is true that some of the steps consumes more resources but not show stopper.

just go ahead and deisgn interface with bpm and follow best guidelines,if you experience any issues after design let us discus on forum.

someone will definetly guide u with right inputs.

Regards,

Raj

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Beleive me, i used BPM extensively and designed very complex interfaces and high volume but never experienced any perfronance issues."

me too. I've been configuring ccBPM since XI 3.0. i never experience performance issues. My question point to be sure about some point regarding to engine itsef because i need to create a doc taking about best practices on design and tuning parameters. also talk about what is reccommended or not (for example user decision step-->try to avoid to use it)

So i need to confirm the concepts

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i was searching for this document from yesterday some how found the link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3049

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no one can help me?