SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading ledger deleted upon activation of PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

In testing server i activated Business function PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1, after that when i tried to post entries in FI i got an error Define leading ledger . Execution of program FMGL_CHANGE_APPL_IN_LEDGER is not helping. When i see leading ledger in SPRO , surprisingly i found nothing there. Why the activation of business function deleted the leading ledger and system is not letting me to assign 0L saying "

Ledger 0L already exists for application FI PSM

Please guide me.

Regards

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

Your old ledger is still there but you now have a new scenario and need to create a new ledger and migrate the data from the old ledger to the new one. Please see the Prerequisites section in the link below:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/53/eddbcd3f014dddbf0ad1377c192e9e/frameset.htm

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong Ji:

I was going through SAP Note 1386675, i fall in scenario b3 because i activated business function for budget period and now ledger is missing , for B3 note has advises some corrections but still then i am facing the same issue. Please guide me , i am unable to do any posting in FI .

In every FI posting i am getting Define leading ledger error.I defined new leading ledger in customizing but i am unable to assign the scenarios to it , i earlier had FIN_SEGM scenario assigned to my leading ledger 0L which has disappeared , now when i define scenario they disappear immediately...Running of report FMGL_CHANGE_APPL_IN_LEDGER is not helping.

Regards

0 Kudos

Did you apply note 1341372 and 1321816 to correct the program FMGL_CHANGE_APPL_IN_LEDGER before you run it?

0 Kudos

Hi:

These notes hold true for EA-PS 604 releases & onwards while my test client is having EA-PS 600 .

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

Did you resolve your issue. If not, why don't you create a new ledger which is not '0L'? The link in my earlier post seems to explain the process very clearly.

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong Ji:

As stated in my second last post , i am able to create a new ledger but as soon as i create new scenarios for segments, profit centers, they immediately disappear , i do not know, however my BASIS guy is upgrading EA-PS release from 600 to 604 so that notes 1341372 and 1321816 to correct the program FMGL_CHANGE_APPL_IN_LEDGER can be implemented. I will update forum in case my issue get resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos

how did you activate the BF PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1, if your release is less that EA-PS 604?

César

0 Kudos

Hi Cesar:

Attached screen shot will show you the activation of PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 with EA-PS 600.

Regards

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

0 Kudos

Hi, just to mention that it is technically possible to activate PSM_GEN_BUDPER1 business function while not in EA-PS 604 or higher (we have activated it by mistake in EA-PS 600..).

SAP has issued a note to prevent the activation of PSM_GEN_BUDPER1 in versions earlier than EA-PS 604 (SAP Note 1871321 - Activation check for PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1).

Also please check SAP Note 1315534 - BC Sets inconsistencies in table TKAFD if you have performed an activation of this business function with system being in a lower SP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

The Budget Period was introduced with EA-PS 604.  Without this, it will not work.

Todd

0 Kudos

Hi Attif, you're right this business function belongs to the technical usage Central Application and not to Public Sector Accounting, however the business function PSM_FA_CASH belongs to Public Sector Accounting and ot is available form EhP4, so you need to install this technical usage to have EA-PS 604 updated.

Regards

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Have you been able to resolve this issue? If yes, how did you resolve it because I am having a similar issue and I am frustrated because the all the applied notes seems not to help.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi:

We resolved the issue by upgrading to EA-PS 604..Updating to 604 let us execute the stated program and hence we were able to change to ledger 0L.

Regards