Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single item, Multi level planning in APO

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am trying to execute the planning run in APO as below.

A) call the program /SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING in SE38

B) As step 1, enter the heuristics SAP_PP_020 and provide the product number and MRP area. (I am planning my material using MRP Area- location type 1007)

C) As Step 2, enter the heurisctics SAP_MRP_001 and provide the product number and MRP area.

(I am planning my material using MRP Area- location type 1007)

After executing the program with above settings, the system have not planned any material (No planning elements been generated both for header item as well sub-assembly). Can you please guide me to help me on this?

Note: In the product master, i have maintained the product heuristics "SAP_PP_002" and the plan explosion 5 and the planning procedure 4 for all the header item and the sub-assembly and raw materials.

Please find below the screen shot of the heurisctics run SAP_MRP_001.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Sk sk,

and run stage numbering algorithim before running Heuristic....( MRP-001), becuse it plans according to level code...

http://scn.sap.com/message/13656660#13656660,

please prvide points if your previous query has been answered...

Regrds Debashis

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your statement, i have executed the heuristics "SAP_PP_020" (stage numbering algorithm) as step 1 in the program /SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING. In step 2 only, i have provided the heuristics "SAP_MRP_001. Still it is not planning at multi-level.

Note: If i run product heuristics (SAP_PP_002) in /sapapo/rrp3, the planned order is getting generated for the FERT item. If i convert the planned order to production order, the order reservation is getting created for HALB item.

with this situation, if i execute the program /SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING for my HALB material with two steps (Step 1 is stage numbering algorithm-SAP_PP_020 and step 2 is multi level planning heuristics- SAP_MRP_001), no planned orders been generated for my HALB item and no dependent requirement been created for ROH item.

Can you help me on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would go from simpler to more difficult in your process:

- copy SAP_MRP_01 and SAP_PP_002 into ZSAP_MRP_01 and ZSAP_PP_002

- ZSAP_PP_002 --> mark "create planning file entry for components"

- ZSAP_MRP_01 --> mark "only plan selected producs"

- use your Z heuristics for the test, unmark "With planning file entry" in /SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING, select both finished and semifinished products, mark "display logs"

- execute and check wether you obtain your planned orders

If this works, then what it is not working the way you are configuring your netchange planning in PP/DS and you can proceed to fix that.

regards,

J.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

As you have said, i have created the Zheuristics with the copy of standard heuristics SAP_PP_002.

But as per my understanding, if we use the heuristics "SAP_MRP_001 or ZSAP_MRP_001", we should use the heuristics "SAP_PP_020" (stage numbering algorithm) prior to SAP_MRP_001 execution , as a mandatory step. Is my understanding correct?

So i am executing planning as below:

1. Create Z heuristics "ZSAP_PP_002" (IN SPRO SETTINGS with mark "create planning file entry for components"). And assigned this Z heuristics in production master of PP/DS tab of FERT, HALB and ROH material in APO.

2. Use the standard heuristics "SAP_PP_020" (Stage numbering algorithm) as step 1 in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING". In Step 1, i have chosen the planning object as "Product". And in the selection criteria for product, i have provided my FERT material and in location, i have provided my MRP Area (location type 1007). Also un-marked the check box "With Planning File Entry".

3. Use the STANDARD heuristics "SAP_MRP_001" as step 2  in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING". (AS STANDARD SETTINGS THE CHECK BOX IS NOT MARKED WITH "only plan selected products"). In Step 2, i have chosen the planning object as "Product". And in the selection criteria for product, i have provided my FERT material and in location, i have provided my MRP Area (location type 1007). Also un-marked the check box "With Planning File Entry".

Is this process correct?

Note: I did not use the Z heuristics "ZSAP_PP_002" in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING". But i have assigned the Z heuristics in the product master of my FERT, HALB,ROH material.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are correct, SAP_PP_020 goes first as pointed by Debashis.

1) ok

2) select all products, FERT, HALB and ROH. There is no way for the system to move from FERT to HALB and ROH unless you select them in standard PP/DS (planning procedure 4)

3) same comment applies

ZSAP_PP_002 will be called by SAP_MRP_01 by standard, it is ok.

regards,

J.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I am not bit clear on your point as mentioned above.

You said that "select all products, FERT, HALB and ROH. There is no way for the system to move from FERT to HALB and ROH unless you select them in standard PP/DS (planning procedure 4)".

Can you please help me to understand the sentence highlighted in gerrn color in above? Do you mean to say that maintain the planning procedure as 4 in product master for FERT, HALB and ROH items? If you are meaning this, then i have already maintained the same in product master for my FERT, HALB and ROH items.

1. Do you mean to say that, if the planning procedure 4 is maintained in the product master for my FERT and HALB, the dependent requirements will NOT BE PLANNED AUTOMATICALLY for the HALB and ROH material if i provide only my FERT item in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING"?

2. In the above case, if i maintain planning procedure 3 in the product master and if only provide the FERT item in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING", will the planing happen for header item as well the dependent requirements simultaneously?

3.My understanding is, since i have checked the box "create planning file entry for components" in the Z heuristics customization settings "ZSAP_PP_002", and i have assigned this heuristics in the product master of my FERT and HALB item, it would be enough to mention only the FERT item in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING". What is the use of checking the box "create planning file entry for components" in the heuristics settings? Will this check box not for automatic planning of dependent requirements while planning run?

4. Is the planning procedure 3 and the check box "create planning file entry for components" in the heuristics are linked to each other?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my mistake: you are right about highlighted text:

>> You said that "select all products, FERT, HALB and ROH. There is no way for the system to move from

>> FERT to HALB and ROH unless you select them in standard PP/DS (planning procedure 4)".

system will not move from FERT to HABL and ROH using planning procedure 4, this is why you need to select all your relevant products. I suggest you keep to plproc.4 and do not move to 3, as it will be more tricky to control.

>>1. Do you mean to say that, if the planning procedure 4 is maintained in the product master for my FERT

>> and HALB, the dependent requirements will NOT BE PLANNED AUTOMATICALLY for the HALB and

>> ROH material if i provide only my FERT item in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING"?

that is correct.

>>2. In the above case, if i maintain planning procedure 3 in the product master and if only provide the

>>FERT item in the program "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING", will the planing happen for

>>header item as well the dependent requirements simultaneously?

you could obtain this behaviour, but it gets trickier and more difficult to handle sometimes. I do not suggest to move into this path unless you have no other choice.

>> 3.My understanding is, since i have checked the box "create planning file entry for components" in the Z

>>heuristics customization settings "ZSAP_PP_002", and i have assigned this heuristics in the product

>> master of my FERT and HALB item, it would be enough to mention only the FERT item in the program

>> "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING". What is the use of checking the box "create planning file

>> entry for components" in the heuristics settings? Will this check box not for automatic planning of

>> dependent requirements while planning run?

Not in plproc.4. It will create the entries that would allow you to move into netchange planning, which basically would use these entries as an additional filter ("only use products with planning entry"). But you have to select all your relevant products anyway for the filter to have any effect.

Please try it with plproc.4 first and see if it works, then move to netchange if performance is an issue, but with plproc.4. I strongly recommend not moving to plproc.3 unless absolutely necessary, trust me on this, it will create unnecesary unstabilities. Many capabilities of plproc.3 can be recovered adding heuristics to your planning run so things will happen only when you want to plan, not anytime something changes as in plproc.3.

regards,

J.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thank you for your information. So finally you are suggesting to use the planning procedure 4 for all FERT,HALB and ROH items. And to provide ALL MATERIAL NUMBERS (FERT,HALB and ROH) to be planned in the program ""/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING".

Note: If i provide only FERT MATERIAL in the program :"/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING" with planning procedure 4, only FERT material will be planned and the dependent requirements WILL NOT BE PLANNED. This behaviour is similar to MD03 execution in R/3. And not like MD02 execution.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

yes, this is the standard behaviour.

regards,

J.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I want to obtain the similar MD02 (single item, multi level planning) functionality in APO by using planning procedure 4 and also i will ONLY enter FERT item in the program "/SAPAPOBACKGROUND_SCHEDULING".

How to obtain this in APO with above settings? Is this possible?

Note: You said that "Not to use the planning procedure 3 in product master".

thanks

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii SK,

I think in your case you have to maintian as follows...

Product master: Planning procedure should be (3) cover dependent Requirement Immediately for FG, SFG and

Check mode in ATP tab should be blank.

Run MRP-002

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry if I confused you. Briefly:

- Debashis is right, you can use planning procedure 3

- I suggested using 4 because it is more transparent, as you control which products you plan and how. So I consider it a safer environment, specially if these are your first steps in PP/DS material planning.

I never used 3 outside a CTP environment, but be careful: 3 means automatic planning. So it may happen that products are planned outside your planning run (ie. a changed sales order, a change in existing requirements from FERT) as compared to 4 (where products are only planned if you launch the heuristic).

Check these links before you move to 3:

Product planning run

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Other than my personal experience, you will see warnings from SAP about using 3 outside CTP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Check also OSS 439596 (which is not easy to digest)

In summary: it is not a matter of whether you can or cannot use 3 in a product planning run. I personally believe that the advantages of not selecting all your products (4) do not compensate the drawbacks of automatic planning (3, lost of control). However, as I said, I never tried 3 outside CTP, so I could be wrong. But regardless of that, 4 is simpler and gives at least similar performance.

Anyway as you say, if you want to have MD02, go for 3. But read the documentation first!

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just curious: what option did you finally chose?

regards,

J.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

As per my requirement, i need to choose the planning procedure 3 in the product master. Because i will be only entering the FERT material like MD02 in R/3 in the heuristics run (SURELY I WILL NOT ENTER HALB and ROH material in the heuristics program).

But based on your caution, looking for planning procedure 4. But yet to test and decide.

Thanks

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Sk,

Have you tried putting Planing procedure 3. Did you faced any problem. As per james point of view may be it was tricky. In our organization we are also not using prcedure 3, we are using 4 only.

But I have tested in development as per a new design, and it has worked, So you can just test the same,

Try this thing, but change the product master as i said you...

Regards

Debashis