Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing error in alternate UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing error in pricing of alternate UOM as below:

- I have a product whose base UOM is Carton and it has 12 PCS in each carton.

- I have maintained 12 PCS = 1 CAR in alternate unit of measurement in material  master data

- Price of the product is INR. 286 per CAR

- Logically price per PCS should be INR. 23.83 (286/12 PCS)

- I am selling lets say 1 PCS, then in sales order system is calculating price as INR. 23.74 per PCS which is wrong.

- After analyzing, found that system is first converting PCS into CAR i.e. 1 PCS = 0.083 CAR (1 CAR/12)

- Then multiplying 0.083 CAR with INR.. 286 resulting in price INR. 23.74 per PCS

- I need system to calculate price exactly as INR 23.83 per PCS and not by first converting into CAR and then giving price INR. 23.74

Please advise how to solve this.

Regards,

K.Ibrahim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim ,

The issue is with "rounding off " of the UoM.

12 PCS = 1 CAR

So 1 PCS = .083 CAR

therefore 12 PCS = .083 * 12 = .996

If 1 PCS= .084 CAR

therefore 12 PCS = .084 * 12 = 1.008

Finally try once maintaining UoM Conversion as 1 PCS = .084 CAR and check. If you still have issues, raise OSS message.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ibrahim,

This is standard behavior of SAP all you can do is to increase the field length for from where the system is doing  (1 CAR/12) (with the help of ABAPer).

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I the field you are referring is the standard field and not advisable to do any modification to it. Please advise some other solution.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim ,

Why can't you maintain the condition record in PCS. Is there any limitation in business context?

Maintain condition record as 23.83/PCS.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

I know that i can maintain prices in PCS but i have restriction from business for this because all product costing is done in CAR. So they would prefer to have price in CAR only which is base UOM. For your information PCS sales is minimum, if i change prices to PCS then the main business which is done in CAR will be disturbed as price for 1 CAR will be 285.96 instead of 286.

I need to have solid solution for it.

Regards,

K. Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim ,

In the condition record, maintain the price of 12 PCS. It should work. Currently you maintained for 1 CAR. Instead create for 286 INR for 12 PCS. It should work.

Regards

Vinu.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

Thanks for your reply again. I already tried what you said and it will work i know. But again as i said that can't i maintain in CAR and system automatically convert PCS price as 23.83?

Please advise if you have any idea?

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

You may take a reference of below mention thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264601

Regards

AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

As per your requirement you may follow below mention steps

1) In material master you need to maintain both the conversion as

12 PCS = 1 CAR

1 CAR = 12 PCS

2) As you have stated that you already had maintain 1CAR=Rs286

Now again you maintain VK11 as 1PCS=Rs23.83 for the same material

Hope this will help you.

Regards

AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Asish, you cannot maintain Base unit (CAR) as alternate UOM again in material master.

Also system allows you to save price in just one UOM. In my case i maintained in CAR, so it will not allow me to maintain agains for same material in PCS.

Regards,

K. Ibrahim