cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP WebDynpro - UIElement Table - Set Row Position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a big Table, that is already realized as UIElement Table. Now customer wants the table columns to be in a fixed position.

So nobody can change the order of the rows.

Because we noticed, that one user changing the order of the rows is changing it for EVERY user.

Can I do the lr_column->set_position( '1' ). command on a already existing UIElement Table in any way too?

I havn't seen the property to do this.

Otherwise I have to remove the UIElement and create a ALV object.

Thank's a lot,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You can set each TableColumn's fixedPosition property to fix the column along the left or right margin. If this doesn't prevent the user from dragging and dropping the column, you can also disable personalization for the application. See the discussion, .

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy, hello sdn,

thank you for your reply.

I think, this fixedPosition option didn't help, but I read your link and set WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION to X. That's what I wanted. Thanks a lot!

Plus, I'm sorry, but I was wrong, regarding the "one change effects all" matter. I forgot, that we set a technical user for the whole application, since the users have no access to SAP.

So of cause, the personalization one user made as this technical user effected every other user.

But there's a new matter now. Now, that I set the WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION to X the layout of the table column header changed. That's weird, because I always had a problem with them:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3225020

I just couldn't change the layout of the column header, no matter what I did. Neither the font weight nor the text align.

And now, with this change, you told me, the layout changed from what you see on the fist picture to what you see on the second picture.

Somehow it's better now, since you now better recognize, what's the column header.

But it's way too large, and with bright tables, it doesn't look good.

So if you could help me again, I was delighted,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I think your layout problems is to do with personalization on this generic user. I advise that you clear the personalization so that you can see what it looks like "out of the box". Use the abap web dynpro application wd_analyze_config_user on the client/system where you want to clear it. You can find it in SICF and you might need to activate it.

This might clear up some of your inconsistent layout problems.

And yes i meant fixedTableLayout in my earlier post 🙂

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

wow, this is quite interesting and very useful.

But I tested it and it doesn't solve my problem with the ignored custom UR Theme regarding the table column header.

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a shame.

Another option that might be useful for you is to disable personalization for all WD ABAP applications on your system. This can be achieved through WD Applicatioin wd_global_setting. This also has the property WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION that can then be set globally instead of on individual application.

I hope you get the layout sorted 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

also interessting, but no effect =(

To show again, what I mean, I changed it a bit.

that's how I edited it in se80:

That's how it should look (only for test, of couse 🙂 ) - NetWeaver DevStudio

And that's how it looks:

only the column header is not okay.

Is it possible, that I have a wrong NetWeaver Developer Studion Installation?

Or any other wrong property?

Thanks a lot again!

Florian

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I wonder if the column header problem is an issue with your custom theme. To test this theory, you could put back the standard SAP theme to see if the problem resolves.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

I took this screenshot just two minutes ago after deleting WDTHEMEROOT property.

And the table column header is layouted again as it should be.

As I wrote in the other Thread, I just took a exact copy of SAP_CHROME Theme to my application and the table column header also was wrong. Although I did nothing with it.

Thank you for writing,

Florian

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Super! At least you know where the problem lies (the custom theme) and can focus your research on that area. Maybe others have seen this problem before and there are discussions on it.

Cheers,
Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I think you can just set the table property "TableLayout" to true.

You can read about it here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/4b/5eb70da225584ae10000000a42189c/content.htm

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for your fast replay,

did you mean "fixedTableLayout"? I don't think, that it will help. First I don't want to have a fixed table layout, because I don't want to set the width of the colums fix.

Second, I don't know, if this would stop this Column-Order-Drag-and-Drop thing I'm tired about.

But i didn't try.

Is there a way to just let the order of the columns be changed for only the user, who did it?

Now, if one user changes the order of the columns, it is changed for every user, who enters this page.

Who could this even be useful?

Thank's again,

Florian