cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client's requirement is that when a return sales order is created from a billing document, it should copy all header as well as item level data including qty.

If user wants to change the copied qty., the system should not allow the same.

Can this scenario be implemented through a copying routine?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

one of the option would be to create a new custom requirement (VOFM) which returns the initial quantity if user is trying to change it...

regards,

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mr. PPIO wrote:

dear,

one of the option would be to create a new custom requirement (VOFM) which returns the initial quantity if user is trying to change it...

regards,

Hi PPIO

Where should we assign the custom routine to restrict the change of quantity in the  returns order (sales document) created with reference to an invoice?

Thanks in advance...

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, VTAF for your bill ->order , Details, Copying reqs and item for your itm .cat .regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PPIO ,

I have a query regarding your answer.

"

one of the option would be to create a new custom requirement (VOFM) which returns the initial quantity if user is trying to change it... "

The requirement holds good until it copies to the target system. After that the validation can be done by user exit. Please give your comment. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

Vinu

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

it needs to be tested.

regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

I agree with you

After that the validation can be done by user exit. 

validation should be done while the user is creating the RE order (not so much in copy control).

The system should check:

Quantity in RE order = Quantity in reference document (billing doc), then save

Else give error message.

For this requirement, maybe the OP can use the Program MV45AFZB

and userexit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Well done siva and T W. Good idea.

@ Rohan

Check for the user exit to convert the warning message into error.

The message is used in the following program.

FV45EF0V_VBEP-WMENG_PRUEFEN_VO

FV45PF0V_VBAP-ZMENG_PRUEFEN_VO

When you enhance, just check that it should not impact the other process. So try to built some validation before converting the warning into error rather than directly converting into error message.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Correct me if i am wrong.

As per my knowledge rather using user exit for changing the warning msg to error we can change that under shipping-- system modifications--specify characteristics message--define the message types of system messages. Here we can change message from warning to error.

Thank you

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod ,

You are right if the business needs the message as error irrespective of the process. If they want only when they do return, then it is advised to handle through user-exit.

Regards

Vinu

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rohan,

you can also try with Check box -Complete reference at Header level in Copy controls T.code-VTAF

Siva vasireddy

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

siva,

Good idea! Thanks!

I tested this in IDES, when I create a RE order with reference to F2 billing document and change the quantity in the RE order, I get a warning message (V1503). This warning message would have to be changed to an error message; in order to prevent any change in quantity in the RE order. Could you please comment on this part of the solution?

Additionally, this setting field Complete reference would be across item categories, for sales document type RE. Maybe the OP has to check if this is OK or not ok.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with the following:-

Go to VTAF, select the item category for the combination of order type and billing type and maintain "+" for the field "Pos./neg. quantity".   Also go to OVAH and change message class V4 no 229 to E

Now try to increase the quantity over and above the original billed quantity.  Update here on the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Unfortunately your above suggestion does not work.

When RE order quantity is changed to less than billing quantity (of reference document), then the system accepts / saves the RE order.

In the case of RE order quantity is changed to greater than billing quantity (of ref doc), then the system does not accept and gives the below mentioned error.

Item 000010: Order quantity (6 PC) greater than billed quantity (5 PC)

Message no. V4229

It might be a learning to understand why you suggest to use field "Pos/neg quantity" in copy control for this requirement?

This field ascertains the quantity remaining to be completed in the source document, so how does this field impact the quantity can not be changed in the target document (i.e. RE order)?

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

we can do this with the copy requirement but can u plz explain the business requirement.

Raj